No announcement yet.

Hummingbird season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just read the instructions. Do we really need to clean it twice a week???

Comment

First one on Saturday and two hitting the feeder today on Lake LBJ.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
        I’ve always just changed the sugar water about every 5 days and clean the feeder ports real good. That’s where mold tends to grow. Putting it in a shady spot keeps it from spoiling quite so fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
          Originally posted by jerp View Post
          I’ve always just changed the sugar water about every 5 days and clean the feeder ports real good. That’s where mold tends to grow. Putting it in a shady spot keeps it from spoiling quite so fast.
          Yes to cleaning regularly. I'm with John but during the summer I'll change water out every two to three day depending on location (shade or not) and temperature.

I have heard and do avoid anything with yellow on the flowers. I have also gone to an easy to clean feeder. I think mine are 16 oz though. hummingbird feeder

Comment

Put a couple out today

Comment

Based on this thread, I put mine out today.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill M View Post
                Yes to cleaning regularly. I'm with John but during the summer I'll change water out every two to three day depending on location (shade or not) and temperature.

I have heard and do avoid anything with yellow on the flowers. I have also gone to an easy to clean feeder. I think mine are 16 oz though. hummingbird feeder
                Just ordered the feeders. Thanks all...

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post

I clean mine once a week. 5 feeders, lots of work but these little guys work hard and I like them, so to me it’s worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Just saw the first Ruby here today.

Comment

Just put out feeder today !
                      Will see what happens.

Comment

I have had feeders out all winter. I have had rufous hummerbirds all winter and last saw one 2 days ago. Mostly one at a time. No ruby-throated yet.

[ATTACH]1084273[/ATTACH]

Beautiful picture.

Comment

I have had feeders out all winter. I have had rufous hummerbirds all winter and last saw one 2 days ago. Mostly one at a time. No ruby-throated yet.

[ATTACH]1084273[/ATTACH]
                          What a great pic.

Comment

time to dump a bunch of miracle grow on the althea and honey suckle to get it going, they love the blooms .

Comment

The first scout showed up last Thursday and now I think there are two or three here in Menard. They are behind schedule this year as are most birds. I was hunting south of Pearsall last week and the gobblers and hens were still segregated, very little gobbling.
                              Turkeys are still segregated here as well but then it was freezing over the weekend and 40 this morning.
                              Adios,
                              Gary

Comment

We have been getting them for about 3 weeks off and on

Comment

Working...
                                X