Men, i need help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trjones87 View Post
    its hard to grow up and be a man, i know it aint easy. but i do know this is the one i want to spend the rest of my life with and im willing to do what it takes, its just so easy to mess up

take your time and as mentioned before if both of you are equally yoked you have the best chance of making it.

Comment

I've been married for 27 years now, since I was 18. The passage below has always worked well for me. It doesn't mean that I'm a pushover, or any less of a man. It just means ... to me ... that I put my wife and her needs above my own.

Ephesians 5:25-28 (NAS)
      25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her; 26 that He might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, 27 that He might present to Himself the church in all her glory, having no spot or wrinkle or any such thing; but that she should be holy and blameless. 28 So husbands ought also to love their own wives as their own bodies. He who loves his own wife loves himself

Comment

This is simple:
        1. In the morning do what she wants you to do.
        2. Rest of the day you BOTH do what she wants to do.

Remember this: The secret to life is a good woman.

Comment

There is a lot of good advice, but there is one sure fire way to make a marriage work every single time.

Ephesians 5:22-30 (New International Version)Wives and Husbands
          22Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. 23For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. 24Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything. 25Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26to make her holy, cleansing[a] her by the washing with water through the word, 27and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. 28In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. 29After all, no one ever hated his own body, but he feeds and cares for it, just as Christ does the church— 30for we are members of his body.

Comment

Look to the bible for all your answers, sacrifice, understanding...(even when you don’t)....TRUST.... and have absolute dedication to the person you truly love...

To love another is to respect their feelings, wants, desires, and life long goals...If you both have this and Christ in your marriage you will one day look up at her and see the beauty again you first saw 50 years ago....

If this is the woman you want to spend your life with then you will do as the bible says to do as a husband, as she will do the same as is commanded her in the bible....Life will go by in a split second... and before you know it your kids will be in college and your life will only be even more enriched to see what you two have accomplished together...

Good luck brother and god bless you both on the great but trying trip that is ahead of you....

Comment

its hard to grow up and be a man, i know it aint easy. but i do know this is the one i want to spend the rest of my life with and im willing to do what it takes, its just so easy to mess up
              At 22 years old you probably AREN't eady to grow up and be a man. Be a young man, enjoy life, don't take anything very seriously except school and put your faith in God.

Your will be amazed at the different outlook you have on life in your late 20s, and early 30's. THEN, as you start pushing 40 you are really starting to figure a few things out.

I was 30 when I got married and that was perfect. I had a LOT of fun, we met, then I was ready to settle down. She's a great woman, but if she'd of met me 10 years earlier she would've HATED me.

When all is said and done, you will know whatis right. Make your descisions based on what you need, the rest will take care of itself.

good luck

Comment

If you have to ask, then it's not right for you or her. Been married 38 years, all my life. Married at 21.

Comment

goat: im not questioning whether or not shes the one. i know she is. i have no doubt, knew it from our second date. and she knows im the one for her

i was just looking for advice on how to be the man she deserves

Comment

Be the man God wants you to be..... If your trying to live up to Gods standards, then her standards wil be a breeze.....
                    Good luck....

Comment

goat: im not questioning whether or not shes the one. i know she is. i have no doubt, knew it from our second date. and she knows im the one for her

i was just looking for advice on how to be the man she deserves
                      Be the same one you are now.

Comment

Can she cook and cook good......ok ok my wife said do EVERYTHING she asks......If she if right for you and you are right for her no one is going anywhere just wait for everyone to keep bugging you about marriage that way you know how everyone feels. It helps a lot knowing parents and inlaws support the both of you. But heck I dont know anything we are just going on two years...but man she is a good cook! ha ha

Comment

Just Say Those 2 little words...YES DEAR

Comment

thats my problem, sometimes, ok alot of times, i have the mind set of "how will this affect me" instead of "how will this affect her"

Comment

the 5 love languages
                              The key to PROPER communication is knowing what language she speaks. You trying to tell her she has pretty hair in english when she only speaks french will get you a whole lot of confusion. There is a book called "The Five Love Languages". it's based on a gas tank theory and tells you how to learn to listen to what your loved one wants, as well as what yours is and how to get it in return. When you are listening to her effectively and filling her gastank the way she wants it filled, she will reciprocate the same to you. keeping each other happy and learning to deal with issues that come up effectively by being honest and respectful will get you a LONG ways through life.

Comment

ive heard about that, im gonna go see if our library has it

Comment

Working...
                                X