Men, i need help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Men, i need help please

Why do guys have to be so dumb sometimes? What is it in our blood that makes us idiots when it comes to women??? Im hear lookin for advice. Women have got to be the most complicated thing ever and i dont understand. This is for you married men, what do you do? how do you think? what advice do you have for a young man dating the woman he wants to marry?

Run like heck!!! I'm in the same boat as you though, only I can't run, she'd hunt me down and break both my legs.

Comment

I got nothin'...........

Working on my 3rd & FINAL marriage here!!! Seriously, find a good Christian woman & be a good Christian HUSBAND. The rest will all take care of itself.

Comment

Trust me youll know it when she is the one. IMO

Comment

I know shes the one, im just great at not being a great guy to her

Comment

Originally posted by trjones87 View Post
            I know shes the one, im just great at not being a great guy to her
            How old are you?

You need to figure out how to be a good man to her or just run away and forget about marriage until you grow up a little.

(Thats NOT a slam, its the truth. YOU have to be grown up enough to realize that you must honor your vows)

Comment

ill be 22 in two months, not graduating for another year, weve been dating for over a year

Comment

its not like im cheating on her or anythign like that. its the little stuff, i just can seem to get everything right all of the time

Comment

You will NEVER get everything right!

Comment

i know....it just seems like im always slipping up

Comment

Man... 22 in college. WOW, I know I wasnt ready to get married then. There was a lot of stupid things I need to do before I was ready to settle down.

You need to look at your self and decide what you want to do. Be honest with yourself, is getting married now going to cause you to resent her in 10 years because instead of partying and running with the boys you were home with her?

Comment

its hard to grow up and be a man, i know it aint easy. but i do know this is the one i want to spend the rest of my life with and im willing to do what it takes, its just so easy to mess up

Comment

when I got married, I was standing at the front of the church in front of over 200 people. My best man had his truck backed up to the side door of the parish hall.
                          If I would have given him the high sign; all the groomsmen would have ran out the back of the church, loaded up two of the kegs and we were going to mexico!

But, even though I had a plan, I knew I wouldnt need it.

dude its OK to question yourself. Just make sure you are honest with your answers. Losing "the one" and hurting feelings is way better than a divorce 2 years later.

dont worry about all the little things you think you do wrong....pretty soon you will find out that there are lots of things you thought you were doing right that are wrong!

Comment

First off you are very young, even though it might not seem like it to you now. You have lots of time, so don't rush it.

The most important thing in any relationship, and this goes for work, friendships, family, as well as romantic interests...is communication. You have got to be able to express yourself, but even more importantly you have to able to listen.

Most of the time, if you are trying to do the right thing, and you take a minute to think about things before you do them....you will be okay. Nobody is perfect, take care of the big things and the little things will take care of themselves.

Comment

Are you committed to her, engaged, etc.? I am 43 and went to college for 11 years. School is important, if she understands that, great. Also, I did not really settle down until I finished school. I was 30. You do not have to be that old yourself. You will know it in your heart.

Is your bow the last bow you ever want to shoot in your life since it, your woman, will be the last string you get to fondle?

Is she a christian, and yourself, since you need to get right with God in your relationship or things won't work out right? Does she mind that you hunt and does she hunt?

Face it man we are simple creatures and women are way complicated, you will never make them totally happy, Relationships(marriage) are like making mashed potatoes, you put them together and mash them to a pulp till you can not tell one from the other. You will die to yourself. Sacrifices will be made, do she want kids and do you? Can you support them? Do you get along with her family? What kind of work does she do? Will either require travel, etc?

There are too many things here to list. I have been married for 13 years. I love my wife and have 4 kids. I tell you it still takes work everyday. It is the hardest job you will ever do and hate to love and love to hate. It is rewarding though when the Lord sends the right woman your way. If you trust in him in all your ways and hear his still small voice, he will tell you what to do. A few minor thoughts and words from an old bull sittin on the side of a hill chewin his cud.

Comment

Working...
                              X