Petition Opposing Making DMU21 firearm.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grayson View Post
    The area inside his client’s high fence, maybe. He and his Lacy Act violator buddy stirred up a hornet’s nest. LMAO at being “stunned”.

BTW if it was that big of a deal to him he should’ve been at the meeting. He would have seen “stunned” when people found out what he’s been up to on the WTDAC.
    He is one of the most knowledgeable deer biologists in the country, zero doubt there. However, Grayson summed up my thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post
      What a coincidence....

I have no dog in the hunt here; nor any opinion. None.

But, coincidently , the gentleman that started the petition to open the area to rifle hunting is a good friend and mentor of mine. He was just here yesterday, spending the night with me after going over some planning for my farm.

Only input I offer is that he probably the most knowledgeable whitetail biologist in the country, and someone I listen to very closely on all things whitetail and habitat related . He's not the least bit political and is stunned by the controversy all this has caused. To give him the benefit of the doubt he may have insights into what best for the deer herd in the area that are worth considering.

I'm out. Carry on.
      May be knowledgeable but he's not too smart if he is stunned by the controversy all this has caused.

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post
        What a coincidence....

I have no dog in the hunt here; nor any opinion. None.

But, coincidently , the gentleman that started the petition to open the area to rifle hunting is a good friend and mentor of mine. He was just here yesterday, spending the night with me after going over some planning for my farm.

Only input I offer is that he probably the most knowledgeable whitetail biologist in the country, and someone I listen to very closely on all things whitetail and habitat related . He's not the least bit political and is stunned by the controversy all this has caused. To give him the benefit of the doubt he may have insights into what best for the deer herd in the area that are worth considering.

I'm out. Carry on.

Too bad he only conducted a survey in a 2200 acre high fence which has little to no bearing on the rest of the county.
        As more comes out, and it will, maybe he won’t be so stunned by his own typed word.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SC-001 View Post
          Nothings being reduced by keeping the rules as is, you haven't been able to legally hunt deer in these counties with a firearm since Hitler was around.
          You are exactly right. For some reason folks are constantly attempting to conflate issues.
          Originally posted by Sparkles View Post
          When a sitting member on an advisory board is using his position for personal gain and gain for his client it’s nothing to chuckle about.
          He also happens to be one of the petitioners

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
          I’ll be dang. And all this time I thought it was just the “elitist” bowhunters trying to defend their stance. But turns out….some one on the advisory board stands to financially gain if this passes.
          Elitist is so over used on this BOWHUNTING site it is embarrassing!
          The area inside his client’s high fence, maybe. He and his Lacy Act violator buddy stirred up a hornet’s nest. LMAO at being “stunned”.

BTW if it was that big of a deal to him he should’ve been at the meeting. He would have seen “stunned” when people found out what he’s been up to on the WTDAC.
          Bingeaux!!! I am glad you good folks are standing your ground on this type of non sense. I will continue to support in any way you need me to.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
            You are exactly right. For some reason folks are constantly attempting to conflate issues.

Elitist is so over used on this BOWHUNTING site it is embarrassing!

Bingeaux!!! I am glad you good folks are standing your ground on this type of non sense. I will continue to support in any way you need me to.
            Good man.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkles View Post
              Too bad he only conducted a survey in a 2200 acre high fence which has little to no bearing on the rest of the county.
              As more comes out, and it will, maybe he won’t be so stunned by his own typed word.

That's what blows my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                Gotta hand it to you DMU21 elites, you're persistent if nothing else...
                Were you this salty in 2012 when the state "allowed" hunting in 3 of these counties for the first time in about 30 years...but said "archery only?"

Comment

Great to see the turnout. Great content and, up until the banter back and forth at the end, it was a pretty civil meeting. Great to see so many folks stand up and voice their concerns. Can't see how the state would push it through, especially with state representatives their speaking out against the proposed change.

Only thing I observed was that those speaking out in opposition were almost exclusively Grayson County residents. I didn't hear much from the others.

Comment

280 count by Lynn Burkhead. Good article here.

Comment

Direct quote from the Herald Democrat article by a man that has skin in the game as a property owner in Grayson Co.

"Citing a wildlife survey report from last year, Benson held the report and alleged that the pathway traveled to the current proposal stemmed from a private wildlife biologist—Dr. Harry Jacobsen, a member of the state’s Whitetail Advisory Committee, who is said to be doing consulting work for a large high-fenced ranch in the northwestern part of Grayson County—and his efforts to push this ahead.

Benson read some quotes from the report before concluding his speaking segment.

“So, this private biologist said to his private landowner client that I am a public appointed official and I can fix this for you,” said Benson. “I don’t think this is about habitat, biology, or hunter opportunity, unless you happen to be hunting inside that 2,200-acre high-fenced ranch.

“I think this is about benefitting fewer people than I can count on my hand right here. And I don’t think that this is in the greater interest of the four counties for which this is proposed. I think this is in the greater interest of a few private individuals that have an inside track to the Whitetail Advisory Committee.”

When Benson concluded his remarks, some of the biggest applause of the night ensued, likely proving again that when it comes to Grayson County and its whitetail deer hunting battles, the more things change, the more they stay the same."

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post
                        Direct quote from the Herald Democrat article by a man that has skin in the game as a property owner in Grayson Co.

"Citing a wildlife survey report from last year, Benson held the report and alleged that the pathway traveled to the current proposal stemmed from a private wildlife biologist—Dr. Harry Jacobsen, a member of the state’s Whitetail Advisory Committee, who is said to be doing consulting work for a large high-fenced ranch in the northwestern part of Grayson County—and his efforts to push this ahead.

“So, this private biologist said to his private landowner client that I am a public appointed official and I can fix this for you,” said Benson. “I don’t think this is about habitat, biology, or hunter opportunity, unless you happen to be hunting inside that 2,200-acre high-fenced ranch.

“I think this is about benefitting fewer people than I can count on my hand right here. And I don’t think that this is in the greater interest of the four counties for which this is proposed. I think this is in the greater interest of a few private individuals that have an inside track to the Whitetail Advisory Committee.”

When Benson concluded his remarks, some of the biggest applause of the night ensued, likely proving again that when it comes to Grayson County and its whitetail deer hunting battles, the more things change, the more they stay the same."

Nailed it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

El Gato got your tongue once the truth comes out, eh?

Comment

El Gato got your tongue once the truth comes out, eh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post

The whole story there!

Comment

Originally posted by bbbuck View Post
                                The whole story there!
                                Actually not the "whole" story, but a good chunk of it. The whole story is much longer, and TPWD has it. We'll see if it goes beyond that.

Comment

Working...
                                X