No announcement yet.

East Texas hunting 2022-‘23 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In my over 10 years of hunting East,tx I finally had my first run in with a meth head on the hunting lease. He was hiding out behind some gas piping on our lease. Had a little moped with him he was trying to start and just kept telling me "it ain't mine someone gave it to me" over and over. I hadn't even asked him anything yet at that point. But had the kiddo with me and I was unarmed, so my father instincts said play it off and get kiddo away from situation. I told the fellow good luck on starting it, and we went on our way. Went back later and it looks like he had been frequenting the area behind the pipes quite a bit with the amount of TP, clothes and random objects left behind.

Comment

Hunted Sunday evening and weather man swung and missed in a huge way. Felt like I should have bailed but I was already in to deep. Had an 8 walk by and knew I was there somewhere…. Probably cause wind was 180 from forecast. Made it out without blowing deer off but haven’t seen ME since. I snuck in this evening on the south end of property. I knew where I kinda wanted to be and just winged it. In a skinny pine grove with 2 white oaks in front and 3 trails headed to them. 2 scrapes and a rub I can see from up here

Bout to freeze to death. Lol
      Last edited by Low Fence; 10-18-2022, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Talk about night and day.

Absolutely covered up yesterday evening and good activity this morning.

So far this evening has been a big goose egg.

Makes me

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
          Hunted Sunday evening and weather man swung and missed in a huge way. Felt like I should have bailed but I was already in to deep. Had an 8 walk by and knew I was there somewhere…. Probably cause wind was 180 from forecast. Made it out without blowing deer off but haven’t seen ME since. I snuck in this evening on the south end of property. I knew where I kinda wanted to be and just winged it. In a skinny pin grove with 2 white oaks in front and 3 trails headed to them. 2 scrapes and a rub I can see from up here

Bout to freeze to death. Lol
          The first sit of the year in chilly weather is always the worst. Two weeks from now you won’t even notice it.

Comment

Target buck made his first daylight appearance at noon and again 20 min ago. Might can go after him Friday. First day time action in over a week at this spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
              The first sit of the year in chilly weather is always the worst. Two weeks from now you won’t even notice it.
              That is so true

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                Well fellas, my seasons effectively come to an end, and not in the good way.

Good luck to y’all this year. Hopefully I can get things settled for next year.
                Sorry to hear that hope everything turns out well

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                  Talk about night and day.

Absolutely covered up yesterday evening and good activity this morning.

So far this evening has been a big goose egg.

Makes me

I am experiencing this also. Except I got to my lease to late yesterday to have a sit and of course, my one target buck showed up in daylight just before dark and stayed for last hour of light.

This morning only had doe's and this evening, absolutely no deer. Only had a sow and 6 piglets trot by me.

I know after a front comes through is a great time to be out there, but only for a few hours? I thought with the cold/cooler weather it would be good for a few days.

I suppose I could blame the wind, it was 12 to 15 all day. Haha

J
                  Last edited by JhuntsAlot; 10-18-2022, 06:53 PM.

Comment

I finally get to add something, had a nice surprise show up this evening...now hoping for late baseball games Saturday so we can get out there early, already have a late football game.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Comment

Skunked this evening. Didn’t really expect a shot, but more monitoring several trails on some higher ground to get out of the swirling wind…. Didn’t work. 12 mph N wind had milk weed going immediately North then turning and headed due east. This property is almost not huntable with a bow

Got almost back to truck and I could hear blowing waaaayyyyyy in the distance down in the draw. Barely make it out. Zero pics sent to phone since this afternoon. Non stop at feed pen from 7:15pm-5:50am… non stop. Then a few youngsters mid day…. Nada there or where I was dangling. Lol

Comment

Spike just showed up at feed pen

Comment

Originally posted by ElfEyes View Post
                          Found some persimmons for the first time ever. At least that's what I assume they are. Two other trees had mostly dropped all their fruit and the ground was tore up. This tree was still holding on to it's fruit so hopefully soon it starts dropping. [ATTACH]1106165[/ATTACH][ATTACH]1106166[/ATTACH]

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
                          Yes. Those are persimmons

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Ended up seeing some orphaned fawns (mom kicked them and has love on her mind) and a couple does right at dark.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                              Well fellas, my seasons effectively come to an end, and not in the good way.

Good luck to y’all this year. Hopefully I can get things settled for next year.
                              Well, that’s not good.

I hope you have a favorable outcome for next year.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                                I finally get to add something, had a nice surprise show up this evening...now hoping for late baseball games Saturday so we can get out there early, already have a late football game.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Nice! That looks like an advertisement for that blueberry block or whatever it is.

My target buck finally showed on cam in daylight at 645pm 2 out of the last 4 days so I’m going to be there tomorrow before it warms up again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X