Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by preaux40 View Post
    Boys still grouped up . .
    Same at my lease. I did find some scrapes this weekend but they'd obviously not been touched for a while.

I am thinking outside the box (literally and figuratively) and now have a climbing stand positioned along an old logging road where two SMZ's intersect. One of the SMZ's was littered with fresh rubs, and that's where I found the aforementioned scrapes, so I've got a camera watching the road bed now. I'm pretty darn excited to get back and see what shows up.

With my luck though it'll be a 2.5 4-point or something.

Comment

Guess it’s my time for trespassers and poaching. I am hoping they didn’t shoot this buck but it doesn’t look good [ATTACH]1106030[/ATTACH][attach]1106031[ATTACH]1106032[/attach[ATTACH]1106033[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]
      Attached Files

Comment

Wow! Is this on the new place? Hopefully they just bumped him coming in

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
          Wow! Is this on the new place? Hopefully they just bumped him coming in
          yes sir. and I have not seen that buck since.

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
            Guess it’s my time for trespassers and poaching. I am hoping they didn’t shoot this buck but it doesn’t look good [ATTACH]1106030[/ATTACH][attach]1106031[ATTACH]1106032[/attach[ATTACH]1106033[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]
            That doesn't look good, sorry you are having to deal with some nuckleheads

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
              Guess it’s my time for trespassers and poaching. I am hoping they didn’t shoot this buck but it doesn’t look good
              Dang, what the heck is wrong with people. Cant believe the nerve they got.

I looked, but didnt see. Have you done a thread in the campfire with the pictures? Seemed to help solve another guys trespasser problem and gave hours of entertainment.

J

Comment

Planted 3 food plots last week on Thursday and Saturday, got them in just before the rain on Sunday. Hoping they come up as good as last year, still need a couple more showers to feel confident this year. We have quite a few deer showing up on camera but only 2 shooters. Ready for the season to start for me, seeing the ones you guys are taking down is making it tough.

Comment

Originally posted by JhuntsAlot View Post
                  Dang, what the heck is wrong with people. Cant believe the nerve they got.

I looked, but didnt see. Have you done a thread in the campfire with the pictures? Seemed to help solve another guys trespasser problem and gave hours of entertainment.

J
                  I found out through FB who it was. Son in law of the neighboring land owner. Story is he shot a spike and was looking for it, but I have not seen that buck since either

Comment

Hopefully he was just a little spoked and shows back up for ya.

J

Comment

Sitting on a pipeline this morning, watched 4 different bucks ‘cutting horse’ the heck out of a doe.

They somehow intertwined themselves into a group of another 3 does and it got downright western there for about 15 minutes.

Saw a potential shooter working over a scrape line as well. I just couldn’t get a good grasp on what he really was while he was making sure not to expose of himself anymore than needed.

This time of the year is when the train comes off the rails and I love it.

Comment

Finally started getting some pictures recently on our little place. Got two legal bucks, i would say 3 maybe 4 years old that I would let my son shoot. I’d probably let them both walk if it was just me hunting.

Some of the even younger deer are still grouped up. I expect all that to change in the next week or so.
                        Still lots of pigs. Typically they transition off the feeders and such and stick to the creek bottoms about this time. Tried several hunts to kill them or at least run them off but they must be smarter than me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Found some persimmons for the first time ever. At least that's what I assume they are. Two other trees had mostly dropped all their fruit and the ground was tore up. This tree was still holding on to it's fruit so hopefully soon it starts dropping. Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20221018_212050834.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	232.0 KB
ID:	24696087Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20221018_203044912.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	24696088

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Comment

Got my target. Nocturnal till today.

Comment

Well fellas, my seasons effectively come to an end, and not in the good way.

Good luck to y’all this year. Hopefully I can get things settled for next year.

Comment

Rushed straight home. Feeling run down. Probably coming down with something and will have to call in to work tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X