Old Mexico Hunter's 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Main Frame View Post
    Anyone around Guerrero, Coahuila got a chance to hunt yet? Our neighbor says the deer aren’t hitting corn feeders. Guess they are sticking to all that green natural browse still. I’m headed down Wednesday to get in 3-4 days of hunting.
    Yes we are and hunted Friday and Saturday. Some doe are hitting the corn but very few bucks. Weather was perfect. May just be not used to road corn yet, didn’t hunt very long, it’s super green, who knows?? We will still be back every chance we get!

Had one hunter kill a high 140 low 150 deer that was already broke.
    Attached Files

Comment

We will not be going until Dec 1, did get some bad news yesterday, we have 10 feeders on our place, 9 of them were destroyed by bears, my rancher said he may be able to fix 4 or 5 of them, he can fix anything, he is an engineer. I have no idea what to do about these bears, they have been getting worse every year for the past 5 years, about the only thing I can think of is have the feeders on 8 foot legs, what a pain to fill those.

Comment

That’s bad news, I hope y’all find a solution.

Comment

Originally posted by DallasCoon12 View Post
          We hunted south of NL this weekend. Mainly got guns across and truck permits but saw a few mature deer lots of does and youngsters. I passed a mid-high 150s 7-8 yr old with the bow. May regret that later. One of our other members 14 yr old son killed a 23 5/8” wide 9 point that went 150 1/8”. Had 8 boys in camp 14 and under. Killed some pigs and javis making memories. Can’t wait to go back.
          I saw that video you sent. I call those 2 deer the twins, they’ve been running together behind the house since they were 2. Nice bucks.

I killed the buck in my avatar at Javi.

Comment

Originally posted by CyTxCazador View Post
            I saw that video you sent. I call those 2 deer the twins, they’ve been running together behind the house since they were 2. Nice bucks.

I killed the buck in my avatar at Javi.
            That woudve been my biggest with the bow. Hopefully ill get another chance at him or a bigger one. Thats a stud in your avatar...... I havent hunted Javi yet.

Comment

I have hunted deep south Texas for years I am now wanting to cross that river. Does anybody have a spot on a big ranch they can point me too? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by moon View Post
                I have hunted deep south Texas for years I am now wanting to cross that river. Does anybody have a spot on a big ranch they can point me too? Thanks
                I have a 15,000 ac place completely refurbished remodeled house brand new blinds/feeders looking for a group

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                  I have a 15,000 ac place completely refurbished remodeled house brand new blinds/feeders looking for a group
                  Shoot me a PM, please

Comment

Originally posted by Main Frame View Post
                    Anyone around Guerrero, Coahuila got a chance to hunt yet? Our neighbor says the deer aren’t hitting corn feeders. Guess they are sticking to all that green natural browse still. I’m headed down Wednesday to get in 3-4 days of hunting.
                    Just south of you in Hildago, man it's green. Still seeing decent numbers but nothing like last year yet..

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                      Just south of you in Hildago, man it's green. Still seeing decent numbers but nothing like last year yet..
                      There were a few deer moving around in the Hidalgo area this weekend , or so I heard.

Comment

Originally posted by dc1986 View Post
                        There were a few deer moving around in the Hidalgo area this weekend , or so I heard.
                        I also heard that, some super secret HF deer were shot, so secret that pictures still got out.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                          I also heard that, some super secret HF deer were shot, so secret that pictures still got out.
                          Sounds like an interesting story.

Comment

HF or LF congrats to those that have already found a good buck and good luck to all those still looking.

Comment

Mature deer are very hit and miss right now. They definitely are steadily working scrapes with all the wet weather the past 7 days. Bucks are fired up and ready to rut with these cool temperatures down there.

Comment

Tough tough hunting for us between Guerrero and Nava. Seeing very few bucks and deer not hitting corn very much. Didn’t see any rubs in 4 days. Hard freeze would do a lot of good.

Congrats to those having success already.

Comment

Working...
                                X