Old Mexico Hunter's 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
    My friend and his 18 yr old grandson were hunting and several trucks with cartel drove up to them and said they were almost out of gas and needed a truck. They took his truck and left them the truck with no fuel. Luckily other Hunters were in camp and picked them up. Needless to say they brought all there hunting stuff back from Mexico and not going back.
    Where?

Comment

My friend and his 18 yr old grandson were hunting and several trucks with cartel drove up to them and said they were almost out of gas and needed a truck. They took his truck and left them the truck with no fuel. Luckily other Hunters were in camp and picked them up. Needless to say they brought all there hunting stuff back from Mexico and not going back.
      Wow! That would cure me from ever going back as well. Scary stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Brown View Post
        Wow! That would cure me from ever going back as well. Scary stuff.

Last year there were over 1,200 reported carjackings in Houston alone.

While what happened to these guys was a scary and unfortunate situation, lets get some perspective here. There's crime everywhere. Thankfully they weren't hurt, which is most often the case with hunters in Mexico having run-ins with cartel on ranches.

Comment

This story is completely untrue. They are in fact coming back. I was just across the fence hunting where this happened. These guys are my neighbors. One is a member here.

Comment

I just got back from my maiden voyage across the river. All went well and I was told the ranch is as lush as they’ve ever seen it. No issues and a lot of work was accomplished.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
              This story is completely untrue. They are in fact coming back. I was just across the fence hunting where this happened. These guys are my neighbors. One is a member here.
              Untrue the Cartel stole their truck, or untrue they are stopping hunting in Mexico?

Comment

Originally posted by buck_wild View Post
                Untrue the Cartel stole their truck, or untrue they are stopping hunting in Mexico?
                The gentleman who had his truck taken is still hunting.

Comment

Lol your friend huh? Sheesh always wonder what guys like you do during the day to just come spew pure ignorance

Comment

So the cartel did take his truck but he decided to stay there and continue hunting? Guessing that's where the story changes?

Comment

Originally posted by boy wonder View Post
                      I’m getting some conflicting information on driving my vehicle into Mexico (insurance). Anyone willing to discuss with me? If so, PM me your number. I’ll be crossing at Eagle Pass.
                      You'll need to purchase Mexican Car insurance. I use to use Sanborns. I've now switched to Portugal.

Comment

Don't take anything very good. My friend had his taken by the cartel last year. Scared the heck out of him and his grandson.
                        I drive my Class C RV deep into Mexico and my personal vehicle. Never an issue. Do things like this happen. Yes. Even in Houston.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                          You'll need to purchase Mexican Car insurance. I use to use Sanborns. I've now switched to Portugal.
                          That’s what my research has found, thank you for confirming.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                            So the cartel did take his truck but he decided to stay there and continue hunting? Guessing that's where the story changes?
                            Yes. And few other details but I'm really not at liberty to say. He nor his grandson were threatened. I'll say that.

On another note were green as hell! With more rain this last week!

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                              Yes. And few other details but I'm really not at liberty to say. He nor his grandson were threatened. I'll say that.

On another note were green as hell! With more rain this last week!
                              When do we get to see more pics of the wide buck your after? Its early yet but preliminary indications are for a good season this year.

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post
                                When do we get to see more pics of the wide buck your after? Its early yet but preliminary indications are for a good season this year.
                                You're over there 2 months ago getting 10 inches while we had a dust bowl

No more pictures as of yet. Should hopefully have some new pictures next trip. We did go down and spank some doves last weekend

Comment

Working...
                                X