X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tamales at La popular are excellent as well

Got to get them early before they are gone

Comment

I'm gonna have to try some of these places when I'm staying out here. They sure sound good.

Comment

I'm there ateast 20 weekends a year and never have heard of these places. Time to change that.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Alfonzo Hernandez has great food, and sometimes you get a free mariachi show lol. Not a lot of English spoken in there though.

Catfish Corner, Betty rose’s, and Heffs are all good options

Comment

Only one that I haven’t seen mentioned yet is Lytle Land and Cattle

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
              Krab Kingz is really good for crab and shrimp boil (definitely a hole in the wall place, but super good food)
              Krab Kingz Seafood recently bit the dust - as in "permanently closed".

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe_diem View Post
                Krab Kingz Seafood recently bit the dust - as in "permanently closed".
                Well heck. They were good people, and the food was great. It is hard to wrap your head around paying premium prices in a dive in a bad neighborhood, but the food was worth it.

Comment

Only one that I haven’t seen mentioned yet is Lytle Land and Cattle

Comment

Well heck. They were good people, and the food was great. It is hard to wrap your head around paying premium prices in a dive in a bad neighborhood, but the food was worth it.
                    Seafood in the middle of the desert will drive the price up

Comment

I have Texas Cowboy Cooking recipe book within arm’s reach. My daughter always liked Perini’s.

Comment

Perini's is excellent. Copper Creek and Beehive in town are also good.

For BBQ: The Shed or Jay's BBQ for lunch. If you miss them for lunch, Sharon's is pretty good at night.

For Mexican: Miguel's is good and a bit different than most.
                        For authentic, NOT fancy but really good Mexican food: Farolito's, Los Arcos, Armando's are all good.

Seafood: Galveston Seafood Company is really good. Krab Kingz is really good for crab and shrimp boil (definitely a hole in the wall place, but super good food)

For burgers and fries and such: Blue Sky is good. Larry's Better Burgers is a longtime local classic. Best burgers around

Fancier dining: Cypress Street Station is good. Copper Creek is kinda fancy as well.
                        Take it from the expert...growing up there I agree 100%!

Comment

Originally posted by J Wales View Post
                          All of what Shane said.

And, get a carne guisada burrito from La Popular.
                          Agree...call it guiso/carne guisada/whatever...never had anything that comes close!

Comment

Originally posted by J Wales View Post
                            All of what Shane said.

And, get a carne guisada burrito from La Popular.
                            I may have actually come to like their carne con chile burrito even better than their carne guisada. La Pop's carne guisada is the gold standard that I judge all carne guisada against, and I've never had any that measures up. But their carne con chile is AWESOME too. I usually just get one of each. I can't really decide for sure which I like better.

But then I found the chile relleno burrito at Armando's. That is freaking awesome too. Gotta love the little mom and pop holes in the wall Mexican food joints. They always have the best food.

Comment

Grain Theory- for some brews

Comment

Betty Roses BBQ

Comment

Working...
                                X