459.7lb Boar Hog?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bud View Post
    I’ve always heard there are some big pigs that live near cattle feed yards and sneak in at night and eat pretty well.
    Dude has trail cam video of it eating in a bait pile. Idk what the rules are on “feeding one out” in a big pasture lol

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
      I recall a guy last year offering a bunch of money to anyone who finds him a hog big enough to win it. Someone commented that he’s on the team that killed this one lol.

He posted that he’s got pics since 2018 of him. and there’s only 3 pigs on that property. Something ain’t right
      I just read the same. Definitely fishy!

Comment

Big hog

Hard for most to get that big in the wild, too much effort has to be put into moving around finding food.
        The "hogzilla" from GA was getting all the protein it wanted from a fish farm I think. Those kind of situations make it a lot easier to get huge

Comment

[quote=yotethumper;16091781]
          Originally posted by Mexdeer19 View Post

There will be a polygraph so we will see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Polygraphs are BS. They've been repeatedly beat in bass tournaments. Unfortunately where there is prize money there are going to be cheaters and the threat of a polygraph is the best thing we got.

Comment

This hog was on my lease about 4 years ago.

I tried several rifle hunts and trapping using a large pen trap. He never ran with a sounder and never went in the trap but would walk right to the gate and stop. By using a few cell cameras we were target him with dogs.

We weighed 445 on an ag scale. I have a pic with a 90 pound pit laying next to him for reference but don't want to derail the thread. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20201018-120320_Photos.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	24677360

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

The comments on FB are priceless.

Comment

It’s probably pretty easy to grow him on feed, I had 2 old bags of protein feed I dumped here by the house and put a cell camera on it. In 2 days a 200lb boar ate it all by himself. So 100bs of feed in 2 days crazy!

Comment

How big can a pen be before not considered a ‘pen’?

Comment

If you take one and put it in a pen and feed it nothing but grain, they will get that big easy. In the wild not so much. I've seen it.

Comment

As to the cheating I'm sure it happens. When that much money is on the table its going to happen.

Trapping or catching with dogs throughout the year then sticking them onto a small high fence would be my first thought. Then it's simple turn off all but one feeder.

I just had a thought. Imagine a bunch of large boars on a high fence and a hot sow walks by on the outside. I believe you'd have a hole in the fence or under it [emoji848] [emoji57]

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats to the hunter/shooter, etc. Hopefully not another overly dramatic conspiracy.

Comment

The guys that run that contest have the integrity of the contest as their number one priority. If they cheated, they’ll find out. So far(4 hour interview later) everything checks out. If anything else comes up, they’ll be on it.

Meantime, crybabies gonna cry!!!

Comment

How much did 2nd and 3rd biggest hogs weight?

Comment

Originally posted by riverrat1 View Post
                              how much did 2nd and 3rd biggest hogs weight?

…so far. There are 17 days left counting today.

Comment

This is the same guy that has been throwing post/add’s all over to pay landowners to put him on a big pig isn’t it? His name I think is Rich?

Edit: Ignore. This same thing is making the rounds on Facebook pages and it is that guy.

Comment

Working...
                                X