No announcement yet.

Biggest Axis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the longest beams on one I killed were 35 1/2". But the biggest one I killed had around 34" beams. We use the score, not just one measurement.

Comment

If you ever want to see a really impressive full body mount axis, go have lunch at Pappas BBQ on Bissonnet in Houston, between Hwy 59 south and Beltway 8.

You can pick up desert walking up and down the street afterwards.

Comment

I killed a 34-35 1/2 on Kush’s place in Carta Valley in ‘05.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

34x33 was longest antlered axis I've killed. Low fence.

This one was the biggest body. I didn't weigh him, but he was thick. Low fence.

I guided my dad on this one. Long side was 35, but he was wonky and only about 30 on the other side. Also low fence.

Watched Zach kill this one. He was 33. Also low fence.

Not the biggest, but this one was the most fun axis hunt we've had so far. I called and rattled this one, along with 5 other bucks, in for Zach. They were all 50 yards and less when he shot the biggest one of the bunch. That was pretty dang exciting. Old buck past his prime. Also low fence.

Last edited by Shane; 02-10-2022, 10:45 PM.

Comment

35 1/2”

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
              If you ever want to see a really impressive full body mount axis, go have lunch at Pappas BBQ on Bissonnet in Houston, between Hwy 59 south and Beltway 8.

You can pick up desert walking up and down the street afterwards.
              Most might not get that but I did! .

I may have to stop by there just to see the axis.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiderpig1776 View Post
                Myself 36x35 I know a person in comfort that has a 41x42 and a 41x40

I believe 41” is the world record. You know someone that’s killed two of them that size and one even bigger?

Comment

Killed a 150 that was a little over 34 low fence in Uvalde Co.

Comment

I need to put a tape measure on some of mine. I have a bunch on the wall. All low fence and some pretty nice ones.

Comment

I dream about one that was 35” one or two times. I believe it was low fence. Well maybe one day. It’s on my bucket list.

Comment

31" LF and 33" HF- both back in the 90s before the 35"s axis were around much. Killing a 30" back then was like killing a LF 160 WT....back then

Comment

Both low fence scored over 160”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

JB Archery. Those are beautiful high scoring bucks. Lots of folks only pay attention to the main beam length. Your bucks have it all. Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                              JB Archery. Those are beautiful high scoring bucks. Lots of folks only pay attention to the main beam length. Your bucks have it all. Congrats!
                              Thank you sir! I've seen the ones you've posted on your place and you have some studs as well!!

Comment

All my Axis over a dozen, have all been free range and free. No pay. No fence and small parcel kills. This one I shot last November has the longest antlers of all I have taken. His antlers show what the frost had did to him and many other Axis shot from this spot. The freeze got'em real good. They are no longer seen in the numbers we used to see them in.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X