No announcement yet.

2022 - RV/Camping Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are 19 days into this adventure, finished our stay in the Sawtooth mountains, and headed north. Got the rolling doghouse set up at Granite Lake RV in Clarkston Washington, right on the confluence of Snake and Clearwater Rivers. This is the 5th year in a row we have stayed in this park. We will stay here for a couple of weeks visiting family and friends and could be back, depending on the salmon/steelhead run later in September.

Hogboy

Click image for larger version

Name:	Jayco tbh.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	24689083

Name:	Granite lake view from 23 tbh.JPG
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	24689084

Comment

Need help for a three day weekend camp near water on the 24 - 26th this month. Checked all the state parks and they are full. 40' fifth wheel. Any suggestions on a nice place with hiking is a plus.

Comment

Full time in ours. Love it haven’t looked back
        Attached Files

Comment

Look into "dispersed camping" in Colorado.
          No facility/ hook-ups.
          You just pull off of the forest road and set up.
          They are "officially designated" areas.
          It depends on your rig as to how far off the pavement you can get.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy M View Post
            The wife and I are spending the weekend at Big Chief RV Resort on Lake Buchanan.

A few pics from today.

Cleaning the camper together…

A shot from our site.

Dinner…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Fish from the lake?
            (Not the shrimp )

Comment

This a camping spot at around 8600 feet. (The "960 ft" is my current location)
              San Juan National Forest.

Name:	20220901_173408.jpg
Size:	242.4 KB
ID:	24692145

Name:	Screenshot_20220907-161205_onX Hunt.jpg
Size:	112.3 KB
ID:	24692146

Comment

OK rephrase, in Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
                  [ATTACH]1101510[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1101511[/ATTACH]
                  Love it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post
                    OK rephrase, in Texas.
                    Ok.

Comment

Maybe look at some of the COE parks at Canyon Lake (Cranes Mill, Potters Creek)? Not much for hiking around that area, but plenty of water.

We were at Potters this past weekend, and the campground was not full at all, even for a holiday weekend!

Comment

Potters has some good hiking but you have to drive to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
                          [ATTACH]1101510[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1101511[/ATTACH]

Awesome!!!

Comment

I did a poor job of updating our trip, but it has been quite the journey. We're 58 days into this adventure. We setup in Helper Utah last night, then had a nice ride through Durango and Chama today.

Name:	Jayco in Helper Utah tbh.jpg
Size:	164.1 KB
ID:	24693139

Comment

After practically living in campers from 2006-07 and 2010-11, I didn't think we'd ever own another RV. However, the Mrs. has the bug and it looks like we're getting ready to pull the trigger on a (previously owned) 22 Grand Design Imagine XLS (hopefully by tomorrow!) I'm still trying to catch up with this entire thread, but I still have plenty of reading to do before we switch to the 2023 RV/Camping thread!

FYI, I believe we still have a few TBH flags in inventory. (Check with the Mayor if they're not in the store.)
                              My Flickr Photos

Comment

Well, we had a few hang-ups between buyer and seller banks that won’t be resolved until Monday or Tuesday, so essentially we are renting our new camper until then!

I met the seller in Buda to pick up the camper this morning. I had hoped to beat the rain to get it set up at our Blanco lease, but the rain hit early and hard. Fortunately, I managed to book an RV spot at the nearby Blanco State Park for tonight through Wednesday morning (they must have just had a cancellation, because they were full when I checked yesterday!)

I’m here by myself until Wednesday evening, so I spent this afternoon acquiring gear and getting things set up properly.

After much research, we ended up buying a slightly used ‘22 Grand Design Imagine XLS 23BHE.

Pardon the mess, I unloaded quickly in the rain and took pics before cleaning and organizing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                My Flickr Photos

Comment

Working...
                                X