No announcement yet.

Artifact/Gravestone found in N.E Tx.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you know the approximate location you can look up county records and see if anyone named Day owned property in the area or even death records.
    I've seen old tombstones in actual fenced off grave sites from the 1800's that were just a crude.
    Kids don't have the attention span to carve out a chunk of rock and only place one name on it.
    Why anyone would remove even a possible grave stone is beyond comprehension?
    Last edited by Jimbo47; 01-28-2022, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
      Id leave the rock where it is and not dig anything up
      If I remember right, it was determined to be a gypsy kid with the traveling carnival.

Comment

that looks like the stone on the Curse of Oak Island that they have been looking for

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
          Looks like a notepad from Burnadell’s elementary class.
          That is GOLD!

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo47 View Post
            ….Kids don't have the attention span to carve out a chunk of rock and only place one name on it….
            Lol, yeah, kids in the early 1800 and 1900’s had too much cartoons to watch or YouTube videos to make. Kids had a great attention span to tasks when they actually HAD to make their own fun without the aid of cell phones and electronic games. Hell, me and my friends would spend entire weekends for months working on forts in the middle of the woods.

Op, I too would be interested to see what is really written on the stone and replaced where it was found, should it be a headstone.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
              Lol, yeah, kids in the early 1800 and 1900’s had too much cartoons to watch or YouTube videos to make. Kids had a great attention span to tasks when they actually HAD to make their own fun without the aid of cell phones and electronic games. Hell, me and my friends would spend entire weekends for months working on forts in the middle of the woods.

Op, I too would be interested to see what is really written on the stone and replaced where it was found, should it be a headstone.
              Ain't that the truth ^^!!

Headstones are generally as neat and organized as the individual can make them 99.99% of the time.
              Respect for the dead and all that.
              I've been associated with tombstones my whole life, helped dig em up, make em, restored them for museums & historical societies, etc...
              Could be a signature rock of sorts, but there again it appears a little too crude ,and haphazard for even that.
              Cool find, but most likely there are no bodies.
              I could be 100% wrong.

Comment

It could be from someone passing through in a party. No time to run to town and get a proper stone made. Found a rock carved on it and that’s what ya got. I’m pretty sure they used two sticks to make a cross also, so all weren’t ornate.

Comment

There’s two guys in heaven laughing right now. One is saying: I told you one day someone would find this and wonder what the hell it was.

Comment

Working...
                  X