No announcement yet.

Best home and auto insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had state farm for the last 25 years with pretty good results. Guess I'm a lucky one. My auto insurance has actually gone down in the last year about 35% for no real reason I guess other then reduced overall claims maybe from COVID. I had no previous hickeys on my record that would warranted it. I get discounts for having Onstar and an alarm system in my house as well. Guess most do that probably. I priced up Progressive and Nationwide last year just to check and they were all about in the same ball park. I meet with my agent atleast yearly to go through everything to make sure I've covered correctly.... sometimes even reducing rates. Guess it depends on your agent as well.

Comment

The best?

Chubb is a world leader in insurance, serving consumers & companies of all sizes. Get a quote today.

But if you’re shopping for the cheapest it’s not for you. It’s for individuals that actually need personalized coverage.

Comment

AAA is great, no problems at all

Comment

I've had Germania for years, but I am shopping insurance now. I need homeowners, auto, boat and an umbrella liability policy.

How is SafeCo insurance when it comes time for a claim? They are all great as long as you are paying them, I want to be sure if I ever have a claim that they will pay without a fight. I have never had an auto accident, other than I got read-ended in Dallas in 2014. No home claims in about 10-15 years.

Comment

Clay Phillips on here has my business. Texas Farm. Get ahold of him. Best rate I’ve gotten so far.

Comment

I’ve got farm bureau but need to shop it as it has been years. I’m hesitant because they allow you to extend the umbrella policy to my lease and I also have my UTV covered on the same policy. Something to look at OP if you need to have liability insurance on a lease or even cover your buggy.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
                I've had Germania for years, but I am shopping insurance now. I need homeowners, auto, boat and an umbrella liability policy.

How is SafeCo insurance when it comes time for a claim? They are all great as long as you are paying them, I want to be sure if I ever have a claim that they will pay without a fight. I have never had an auto accident, other than I got read-ended in Dallas in 2014. No home claims in about 10-15 years.

Safeco is great. I’ve written numerous policies with them and have not have one issue with a claim. Lots of great insurance companies out there that take care of their customers but just don’t spend billions each year in advertising.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                  I have been with Amica many years and very happy with my rates service when I had to use them. Top notch.
                  X2

Comment

Lots of good advice here. I had a Farmers agency for a good while. They are a grate company but the issue is like most carriers lately they kept increasing rates. Sold out and became and independent agent. I have multiple carriers to quote through and every few years it doesn’t hurt to check into other said carriers. There are about 5 that I really like to use. If you would like for me to review your policy and give my advice shoot me a pm. Thank you.

Comment

We have had Germania for 20 plus years and have no issue whatsoever. With that being said my 17yold daughter just had an accident yesterday afternoon, her fault. SO I will keep y'all posted on the outcome.

Comment

I’ve been with USAA for 30 years. While their service is impeccable, you will certainly pay for it. After all this time, I’ll be shopping with a buddy that owns several independent offices in the DFW metroplex. State Farm (in my opinion and dealings with their insured), is complete garbage. Insurance companies are like the IRS....bunch of thieves (again, my opinion). It’s a business, all profits and a PITA to deal with. I’d shop some independents if I were you. Then be prepared to shop every 1-2 years.

Comment

Give my buddy Blake a call. Free quote and you won’t be disappointed. I got more coverage for significantly less annually. I was kind of mad that I didn’t do it sooner. This whole time I thought I was being taken care of. Tell him Shawn sent ya.

214-533-0589

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                            I am mulling around changing insurance companies. Present insurance company is unsatisfactory.
                            I am 60, safe driver, never had a claim against.
                            One claim years ago on my house, a small one and one last year. A theft claim.

Tell my what ya got and why. Thanx Calvin
                            They are all crooks, no matter what anyone says or who they recommend!! Eventually they will all screw you at some point!!

Comment

I was a 30 year Farmers client. Dropped them this year after they went up 30% over last year. They claimed it was due to the snovid claims. I’ve never had a claim. So this is their way of rewarding me for my loyalty.

Comment

Charter Lakes for your boat - I am like a lot of others. Dumping Germanic soon - I just found out when we had a storm I had them come look at my roof. Cool no damages - but insurance went up for the “claim” on your roof. That is shady in my opinion

Comment

Working...
                                X