No announcement yet.

2022 Austin/Colorado/Fayette/Washington Counties Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We hunt in Washington county by the lake. We just turned our feeders off this past weekend. My dad and I were talking, we can't ever remember turning them off. We have been hunting the same spots for almost 30 years.

Comment

Originally posted by BRust View Post
      We hunt in Washington county by the lake. We just turned our feeders off this past weekend. My dad and I were talking, we can't ever remember turning them off. We have been hunting the same spots for almost 30 years.

Acorns ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes, Post oak and Pin Oak. The other thing is there was a fire in Yegua Creek part from the drought and we think all the fresh vegetation is another factor

Comment

We are having the acorn problem…. I’m hoping they rot soon.

Comment

Any updates ?

Comment

Originally posted by MasonCo. View Post
              Any updates ?

Acorns…lots and lots of acorns trees are still loaded, dropping fresh supplies for the deer to enjoy their buffet unlike most folks, I’m set up to watch roughly 10 acres of pasture/scattered oaks on our land and enjoy just seeing the deer scattered across the view. And can see close to 5 acres of the neighbors creek bottom pasture as well. I’ve watched far more deer this year than ever before. One thing that I was looking forward to this year that didn’t happen, is that a couple unique bucks I had video of last year never showed up. They made it through last year, I had them on camera in late January. Never saw hide nor hair of them this year. I’m holding out hope for a new buck or two to come cruising down the creek sometime in the next few weeks. If not, I’ll add a full set of tags to the last few years collection

Comment

Acorns and green growth. Dont waste your time over a feeder. Sit around oak trees or over a hay meadow. Every deer ive seen lately, which isnt many, has been cruising.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I'm just down the road in Lavaca county and seeing the same thing. Very few deer pics on my Coverts. I think I'll hunt from the 4 door gray blind next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
                    I'm just down the road in Lavaca county and seeing the same thing. Very few deer pics on my Coverts. I think I'll hunt from the 4 door gray blind next week.
                    Didnt see a deer during daylight at our place over Thanksgiving week. As soon as dark came, at the feeder.

Comment

Working...
                    X