• Show
Clear All

Anyone seeing rut activity?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MasonCo. View Post
      Anyone seeing rut activity?

Not yet…should be kicking off pretty quick tho. Usually the last week of Oct it starts getting hot and heavy in my area. The next week oughta be good

Comment

Theyre checking does for sure. Not wide open yet but its close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Pulled in the drive late, didn’t get a chance to go climb in the stand…and wouldn’t you know it, sitting on the porch and had a buck chasing a doe across the pasture, ears laid back, tongue out, jumped the fence, and across the road they went tomorrow I’m leaving work early

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
            Pulled in the drive late, didn’t get a chance to go climb in the stand…and wouldn’t you know it, sitting on the porch and had a buck chasing a doe across the pasture, ears laid back, tongue out, jumped the fence, and across the road they went tomorrow I’m leaving work early
            I saw a buck trotting with his nose to the ground Saturday morning. I heard him grunt before I saw him. My Dad said he saw four dead deer on 290 between Brenham & Hempstead yesterday afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by JMKro View Post
              I saw a buck trotting with his nose to the ground Saturday morning. I heard him grunt before I saw him. My Dad said he saw four dead deer on 290 between Brenham & Hempstead yesterday afternoon.
              The storm last Monday night screwed up all of my plans didn’t get in the tree at all, finally got out to sit in the stand Saturday morning with my daughter. We saw a few young bucks harassing the doe all morning, with zero interest in return. Did have a pretty nice 8 chasing a doe across the county road Friday evening when my son and I pulled in about 45 minutes before sundown. Unless something else freakish happens, I plan on being in the tree around noon. That is when the weather forecast shows it clearing up…I’ll knock out what I need to at the warehouse in the morning

And yes, I saw quite a few deer on the side of the highway between Groveton and Bellville Sunday evening after dropping my son off at his house

Comment

I'm starting to see a few bucks in random places at random times around Bellville. That always means that it's about to kick off. Good luck to all!

Comment

Didn’t see a thing this morning. Not quite yet… still on the acorns as well.

Comment

We should be hitting the peak of the rut this weekend

Click image for larger version

Name:	post oak savanah rut.gif
Views:	3
Size:	7.0 KB
ID:	24696876

Comment

I’ve been seeing some epic chasing over the last week. Seems to have slowed down somewhat this weekend. Harassing of does is still going on, but not seeing the action I was seeing. And last night brought a new buck to the creek that I have never seen. He’s wider than the bucks I’ve watched and have on camera, with good tine length and mass. Unfortunately for me, he refused to step out into the open…they don’t get old by being stupid he hung back in the yaupons from 5:20 or so until a little after 6, by that time all I could make out with the binoculars was his shape as he stepped out and started feeding. I slipped out and did my best ninja walk out of there hope I didn’t spook anything and alert him to my presence

I slipped in earlier than usual this morning, on the off chance that he hung around through the night. Been down here for an hour now, trying to stay warm but enjoying the crisp 33° temps

Hope everyone else is having a good season thus far

Comment

Each of you should go and check out

www.ccwma.org and take a look at the dee that have been checked in for the contest.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntin Addict View Post
                          Each of you should go and check out

www.ccwma.org and take a look at the dee that have been checked in for the contest.
                          Some good bucks on that contest board!

I had my first sit of the year on our place near Weimar. Nice 100” 3.5 year old 8 and some does came to visit. Have a special buck on camera that was at the feeder two days ago but a no show this morning

Comment

I sat Saturday evening and saw six does. There's been some construction/maintenance going on around us, and it looks like it's pushed the bucks out for now. I haven't had a decent buck on camera since early October. Might end up being a blown season for me at this point. We'll see...

Comment

our oldest buck on camera looks like he hit his left side during velvet and they bow in. He wont make 13-inches due to it. He's a cool looking buck with a unique rack.

Comment

Anyone else ?

Comment

Working...
                                X