Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 San Angelo surrounding area season thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.47” for us last night. Not bad!

Comment

2/10s across the tracks... .....better than a stick in the eye...

Comment

Poured at our place last night and today. First rain since Labor Day Weekend. Labor Day rain was first in several months. Great for the herd, terrible for hunting season. Won't be much 'horn' this year in our neck of the woods IMO. Most of the cams are showing 'broken' horned deer, etc. We will see.

Comment

Hunted Friday Morning - Monday Morning & saw a lot of activity - relative to to the other guys on the place (about 10 deer per hunt) but I was hunting an area between a winter wheat field & a bedding area. Everyone else only 3-5 deer per sit. Nobody around us bow hunts so the pressure around us is really low this time of year. Should pick up in the next few weeks when the gun hunters move in and start pushing these deer over to our place as well as the natural food sources starting to become scarce.

Rained all around us Sunday & Sunday night but didn't touch us. Got to watch a 135-140" 12 point that we've been watching the last few years but he just isn't trophy material this year. Hoping he makes it to & blows up next year.

Comment

Good rain on our place today. Heavy and fast.

Comment

Looking good!

Comment

An interactive mapping application for viewing a network of selected weather stations and rain gages throughout the state of Texas. The application displays current weather conditions, radar and 24 hour time series graphs.

Here is a link to a fairly good/accurate site that give rainfall records from surrounding weather stations. I allows you to pull historical reports also.

Comment

Anyone planning to be out this week or next?? Hoping this cooler weather starts up some frisky nature in some of them old boys that are out there.

Comment

Was contemplating making a run up there this weekend but will likely just hold out until at least youth weekend. Too much browse/acorns & not enough hunting pressure around us yet to get them really expanding their range.

Got a couple giants on my place in ETX so I'm lacking the real motivation for our place out west as of now.

Comment

I'll be in Concho Co. the 20-22 with my crew

Comment

Originally posted by DuramaxDude View Post
                        Anyone planning to be out this week or next?? Hoping this cooler weather starts up some frisky nature in some of them old boys that are out there.
                        Heading out next week (27th-30th). Maybe some new faces will show.....

Comment

I'll be headed out on Friday for the weekend.

Comment

Anyone having any luck with starlink internet? We are west of Menard and have been kicking around the idea of putting it at the ranch.

Comment

Good luck Everyone hunting this week.

Thank You, Lord for all the rain in the area we just got!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bone Thug View Post
                                Good luck Everyone hunting this week.

Thank You, Lord for all the rain in the area we just got!!!!
                                Indeed!

Comment

Working...
                                X