Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 San Angelo surrounding area season thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some places on the lease got right at 1" of rain yesterday afternoon. Schleicher Co.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      Well the streak is broken. Starting year 15 on our place, I have never seen or caught a pig on camera. Last year was the first sighting by my landowner on their side at a water trough. A single boar. He’s owned and managed the ranch since 1993. We’ve seen 2-3 javelina total in the same time frame …. This morning I got this pic below. Figured he’s traveling looking for food. He’s gonna have a bad nose ache rooting in all the rocks. [emoji23]

KAP!!!!

Crazy how long it took for one to show up!

Comment

Yep, we're are getting them a cameras on The Mertzon Ranch also. it’s crazy because there’s no water holes to Waller in to get muddy.

Comment

Originally posted by walker1983 View Post
          Spent last Saturday and Sunday at the Irion co ranch. Unfortunately, we've managed to miss all meaningful rain this year. The feed bill is getting pretty steep, but so far the deer still look to be in decent shape.
          Looks like a nice place!

Comment

[QUOTE=Smart;16295879]Made the trek out west this past weekend for 4 days..Wed midday through Sunday morning. First stop was getting the permanent crown on my tooth by my deer lease dentist and then off to fill feeders and sweat our arses off. It was a productive weekend with most of the group there. Had a great time despite the heat with a lot of laughs and working together getting our stuff accomplished like a deer lease should. With Palmers corn and eco-17 protein at $12.20 a sack at Palmers and gas at $4.20 is was an expensive trip......bBut hey you only live once..

Got my Krivoman finally finished up other than a few inside creature comforts that I'll bring in August. Replaced all the windows with Deerview Deluxe windows and got it all silicone down in the previous trip. It was a process but I think we are ready to hunt. Had to flip my center shooting window this trip so I had some room for my video camera and my bow shot wasn't going through the bottom of the window. That was kinda the plan to start with. I put it upright last minute and looked at just arrow clearance and totally forgot the video camera aspect when the silicone was dry.. Son of a--...Anyway we got it done right. Also added a support 4x4 up front on the deck because we noticed a very slight sag. I cut it a little longer in hopes that it will level out eventually. No bid deal either way. MY OCD was ticking a little but the silicone seal inside and outside of the krivo base is still strong and working. Added the rubber mat and carpet as well (freebie on FB market). All in all it is a nice, safe, comfortable overbuilt blind and gets me up a bit so I can have a different view after 15 years of the same with our dominant wind. Hopefully it works out as planned.

Place was dry dry dry and it was hot hot hot! We woke up at 5 am each morning to get up and beat the heat to do our filling, trimming and other repairs on all four feedpen sets and the camp plus trim some roads with overgrown cedars and mesquites. We did try to hang out in the cabin AC and/or nap from 2-5pm during the hottest part of the day and then got right back at it at 6. Getting too old to power through that 2-5 period..

Nice set up Jason!

Comment

Small shower for us off 2129 yesterday - will take it. rain in area right now as well

Comment

Originally posted by walker1983 View Post
                Spent last Saturday and Sunday at the Irion co ranch. Unfortunately, we've managed to miss all meaningful rain this year. The feed bill is getting pretty steep, but so far the deer still look to be in decent shape.
                Yup. The rain has been pretty much missing us as well. It’s scary dry. Think goodness for the mesquites and some scattered browse is all I can say. There’s definitely not any Forbes on the ground for the deer. Sure looks a lot like 2011.

Comment

Another .75" yesterday in Schleicher Co. Nearly 2" in the last 72 hours

Comment

Originally posted by ccallarman View Post
                    Another .75" yesterday in Schleicher Co. Nearly 2" in the last 72 hours

Passed over again just north of you. Split up at our place like Moses was standing at our gate and parted it.......

My poor landowners live life right....much moreso than we hunters do and its sad to see the prayers aren't being answered.

Comment

Our place always has rain surrounding it, the red, orange, and green stuff.. lol hell when the green stuff is over us, we still are getting missed.

Comment

But, anyone have any good pics or target bucks showing up?? I'm ready to see some deer lol

Comment

Originally posted by CB_TxNole View Post
                          But, anyone have any good pics or target bucks showing up?? I'm ready to see some deer lol

With the drought it might be a year of passing up target deer up and trying to take out some lesser deer for us. We shall see. Mother nature sure isn't doing her part though.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            Passed over again just north of you. Split up at our place like Moses was standing at our gate and parted it.......

My poor landowners live life right....much moreso than we hunters do and its sad to see the prayers aren't being answered.
                            Must have barely missed you. I dumped out an inch yesterday from the Thursday rain

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                              Must have barely missed you. I dumped out an inch yesterday from the Thursday rain

It did. West and east of us got some. Watched it spilt on the radar and then blow up on the other side of Toenail again … [emoji2359]

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                                Great news, hope all is well BP.

Rwc

Comment

Working...
                                X