Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 San Angelo surrounding area season thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
    Some good rain yesterday for the area! Thank the Lord! Hopefully we can string a few together in the coming weeks, but I’m thankful for what we got!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
      Some good rain yesterday for the area! Thank the Lord! Hopefully we can string a few together in the coming weeks, but I’m thankful for what we got!
      I agree.
      Sure glad to see a little moisture hit the dirt. Very thankful for any amount we get.

Comment

headed out this weekend. We got some decent rain but def need more! Gotta go fill feeders to keep the deer happy

Comment

Not trying to get ahead of myself with recent rains and all lol, but was just curious about food plots. Food plots sound like a fun project for me and the kiddos.
          - I was wondering who all plants food plots to hunt over during deer season?
          - What do you plant and have the most success with?
          - When do you plant?
          - What do you use equipment wise? Poor man plots broadcasting seed with a utv/atv and a drag or tractors and drill the whole 9 yards?
          - Do you use fertilizer?

Comment

Irrigation.

Comment

Originally posted by DuramaxDude View Post
              Not trying to get ahead of myself with recent rains and all lol, but was just curious about food plots. Food plots sound like a fun project for me and the kiddos.
              - I was wondering who all plants food plots to hunt over during deer season?
              - What do you plant and have the most success with?
              - When do you plant?
              - What do you use equipment wise? Poor man plots broadcasting seed with a utv/atv and a drag or tractors and drill the whole 9 yards?
              - Do you use fertilizer?

We have so many rocks, cactus, mesquites etc, the equipment wouldn’t last a season .. we fill our “food plots” with 17% protein[emoji41][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                We have so many rocks, cactus, mesquites etc, the equipment wouldn’t last a season .. we fill our “food plots” with 17% protein[emoji41][emoji23]
                Haha yes sir I know what you are saying.

Comment

went out and filled everything up and put some cotton seed and protein to hopefully help the deer through all this. It's crazy dry out at our place right now. not much green grass for them the eat except in low spots and around tanks. the rain we did get last week ran off so fast it didn't have time to really soak in. def need some rain soon!!

Comment

Going to make a feed run this coming weekend…….maybe we will get rained out!

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
                      Going to make a feed run this coming weekend…….maybe we will get rained out!

Rwc

Gonna be a hot mofo Sunday thru Tuesday. 106-108..[emoji43][emoji43]You are lucky with your timing there!

Just got back from finishing up my new blind on a platform (except paint) and topping everything off until mid July.

Forgot my other paints to lighten the black up some. Got a little crazy with it but Picasso will take care of it in July. For now KingsX calls it my John Randall blind. [emoji23]

Digging the overview

New deluxe windows

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                        Gonna be a hot mofo Sunday thru Tuesday. 106-108..[emoji43][emoji43]You are lucky with your timing there!

Just got back from finishing up my new blind on a platform (except paint) and topping everything off until mid July.

Forgot my other paints to lighten the black up some. Got a little crazy with it but Picasso will take care of it in July. For now KingsX calls it my John Randall blind. [emoji23]

Digging the overview

New deluxe windows
                        Looks like you spent as much on lumber as you did on the Krivo!

Comment

Originally posted by 88 Bound View Post
                          Looks like you spent as much on lumber as you did on the Krivo!

Bought the Krivo used but you would be right. I wanted it comfortable for an old fat guy.. and no real risks of falling. Plan on painting it all a Krivo green when the treated wood has dried out.

Comment

Good looking set up, should be lots of critters killed from there.

Comment

Looks like rain in the forecast, I know it's getting it out there pretty good because I'm at work and losing power/pumps everywhere!

Need to get back out there and fill some protein but fuel, ect are costing an arm and leg to get out there right now.

Comment

2022 San Angelo surrounding area season thread...

Got some really good rain and still more coming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X