• Show
Clear All

Well this is weird….[emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by justindiehl7 View Post

Well this is weird….[emoji848]

It is very weird. Edge said that is the first truck ever that they have tested where the truck makes more power to the rear wheels that they advertise at the crank. They said they double checked it with two other trucks and all of them were within 5 hp.

Comment

Diesel Choices

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
        I do not have navigation on mine, the radio is always on Sirius XM channel 26 and come drive mine and tell me it is a rough ride on the highway, man. Geez!

I aint rich like a lot of you that can afford Lariats and above with all the fancy crP they offer. As far as the seats, this is my daily driver, I hunt and had dogs that rode n the truck and I wanted to be able to wash stuff off my seats with a damp cloth if needed, man! And yes I have driven Fords for a long time!

I’m far from rich, but I can drive whatever I want. I buy a truck as my every day vehicle, that has to be a work truck. I put about 34k a year on them. I don’t pull the extreme loads as often as I used to, but I still pull ~18000 or so on occasion. Mostly I pull my 8000lb camper, or smaller stuff pretty regular. I also use it for family vacations when we take the travel trailer, or when I prefer the truck over my wife’s suv. We pull the camper about 10 weekends a year, and a nice truck makes that a pleasure. Last month we drove it to Red River NM in the snow, so I still care that it doesn’t ride like a buckboard. I’ve been in the fords and they ride like ****, and the interior sucks. We use the stereo, and all the creature comforts on trips, and I want MY truck that I drive for 65 miles every day to be as comfortable as possible. I’m not saying the Ford is a bad truck, but I’m not putting up with that….yet. The rest of the Ford has its own warts, and I know people who tried them, and got away from them ASAP.

Before the world, and the truck market, got screwed up with kung flu nonsense, I had about decided I was not gonna buy another diesel. I was really considering the Ford gasser. I still may not buy another diesel, but I will have to consider a dodge over that thing…and I NEVER thought I would say that…I HATE dodge trucks. My buddy’s f250 is a rough, rattling, uncomfortable, heap. Nevermind that it left his family stranded 400 miles from home twice when it had 18k on it, and Ford had ZERO answers for him. I’m not paying good money for that.

I’m gonna run this one as long as it will go now. It will pull everything I have very well, and also be comfy for a 10 hour trip. This Chevy has its warts, but neither of the other two options look great to me. I know ALL of the chevy’s warts, but the others offer no better option…. If/when they do, I’ll buy one!

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
          It is very weird. Edge said that is the first truck ever that they have tested where the truck makes more power to the rear wheels that they advertise at the crank. They said they double checked it with two other trucks and all of them were within 5 hp.

Isn’t it typical for vehicles to lose 10-15% to the wheels?

I had a 2500 Hemi 6.4 and traded it in for a 2020 6.7 Cummins Lone Star. No regrets at all except for the CP4 fuel pump which is now recalled. Just waiting on parts. No Chevys available at the dealership to test drive. I drove a Ford XLT and a Lariat. I felt the Ram was much more superior.

The XLT (comparable model) had awful interior compared the Lone Star and the Lariat wasn’t much better in my opinion except it had dual climate and leather. I didn’t feel those options justified the $4k higher price tag. Leather would be nice but not necessary to me. The Ram still had heated seats which my wife wanted. Plus Ford has those goofy window frames which I can’t stand. The Ford was much quicker though but I’m not into racing. That’s the only thing I could say is better about the Ford than the Ram. The Cummins pulls what I need just fine and 10x better than the Hemi I had. I went with a diesel because I felt the gas engine was just constantly changing gears and it didn’t pull smaller loads much better than my 5.7 Hemi half ton. Knowing that I would be hauling a 5th wheel camper in the future is what made me go diesel.

Fuel mileage is also a factor to consider with Rams/Fords unless Ford has improved. I get 17-17.5 mpg average with my Cummins on 295/65/20 Toyo MTs on stock wheels. My buddy has a 6.7 Ford (I believe 2014 or 2015 model) with the same exact tires and gets 14 mpg. That’s about $750-1,000 per year depending on miles driven and fuel costs.

Comment

I own a 2012 SLT HO 2500 Ram with 88k miles. It’s not a unicorn, it was an option. So was the 3.73 gears. Fully deleted, studded, upgraded factory VGT turbo, 5” exhaust from down pipe back, and ezlynk w/ 5 position sotf switch with tcm tuning since 50k miles. I’m on 37’s and an 8” lift, with factory fueling and a lift pump and get 19 mpg hand calculated on highway and 16-16.5 city. Dyno’d @ 534 rwhp & 1159 rwtq. All through the factory 68rfe with zero problems. Pulls a 21’ boat, a 29’ enclosed race car trailer, and occasionally a 18’ car hauler with zero issues. EGT’s stay low and trans temp never gets above 170 degrees. All I have ever had to replace is the water pump, ball joints, and both front hub assemblies due to running 13.5 wide 37’s on 22’s and -44 offset rim. Still running factory ujoints, and brake pads/calipers/rotors as it came from factory with a slight sign of wear. Maintenance is key. Keep everything lubed and tight and enjoy. I can’t say the same for the 2011 F250 I got out of. It spent almost 1/4 of its life at the Ford house in the service center. Same can be said for my wife’s 2018 Explorer XLT. I’d always been a Ford guy until I bought this ram. I’ve owned/raced 19 different Foxbody mustangs.

Last edited by ToRqUeTwIsTeR; 01-28-2022, 02:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ToRqUeTwIsTeR View Post
              I own a 2012 SLT HO 2500 Ram with 88k miles. It’s not a unicorn, it was an option. So was the 3.73 gears. Fully deleted, studded, upgraded factory VGT turbo, 5” exhaust from down pipe back, and ezlynk w/ 5 position sotf switch with tcm tuning since 50k miles. I’m on 37’s and an 8” lift, with factory fueling and a lift pump and get 19 mpg hand calculated on highway and 16-16.5 city. Dyno’d @ 534 rwhp & 1159 rwtq. All through the factory 68rfe with zero problems. Pulls a 21’ boat, a 29’ enclosed race car trailer, and occasionally a 18’ car hauler with zero issues. EGT’s stay low and trans temp never gets above 170 degrees. All I have ever had to replace is the water pump, ball joints, and both front hub assemblies due to running 13.5 wide 37’s on 22’s and -44 offset rim. Still running factory ujoints, and brake pads/calipers/rotors as it came from factory with a slight sign of wear. Maintenance is key. Keep everything lubed and tight and enjoy. I can’t say the same for the 2011 F250 I got out of. It spent almost 1/4 of its life at the Ford house in the service center. Same can be said for my wife’s 2018 Explorer XLT. I’d always been a Ford guy until I bought this ram. I’ve owned/raced 19 different Foxbody mustangs.

https://www.jeep.com/webselfservice/...UD5DL2CG330771
              Unicorn was meant for the numbers Mike used...
              The only way now to get the higher h.p. model cummins is to get the 1 ton with the aisin transmission. The aisin wasn't offered in the 12 year model.

While GM and Ford are putting out 3/4 ton diesels 445 & 475 h.p., Ram is still sucking hind tit at 370 h.p.
              Proof that the 68rfe in the Ram is a weak transmission.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan81 View Post
                Isn’t it typical for vehicles to lose 10-15% to the wheels?

I had a 2500 Hemi 6.4 and traded it in for a 2020 6.7 Cummins Lone Star. No regrets at all except for the CP4 fuel pump which is now recalled. Just waiting on parts. No Chevys available at the dealership to test drive. I drove a Ford XLT and a Lariat. I felt the Ram was much more superior.

The XLT (comparable model) had awful interior compared the Lone Star and the Lariat wasn’t much better in my opinion except it had dual climate and leather. I didn’t feel those options justified the $4k higher price tag. Leather would be nice but not necessary to me. The Ram still had heated seats which my wife wanted. Plus Ford has those goofy window frames which I can’t stand. The Ford was much quicker though but I’m not into racing. That’s the only thing I could say is better about the Ford than the Ram. The Cummins pulls what I need just fine and 10x better than the Hemi I had. I went with a diesel because I felt the gas engine was just constantly changing gears and it didn’t pull smaller loads much better than my 5.7 Hemi half ton. Knowing that I would be hauling a 5th wheel camper in the future is what made me go diesel.

Fuel mileage is also a factor to consider with Rams/Fords unless Ford has improved. I get 17-17.5 mpg average with my Cummins on 295/65/20 Toyo MTs on stock wheels. My buddy has a 6.7 Ford (I believe 2014 or 2015 model) with the same exact tires and gets 14 mpg. That’s about $750-1,000 per year depending on miles driven and fuel costs.

I have heard 15% is a good rule of thumb of what you lose. Crazy that they are making more power at the rear wheels than they advertise at the crank.

Comment

I really like my 6.7 Powerstroke. I’ve had Cummins and Duramaxes over the years, but I think this Ford might be my favorite.
                  22 rolls on that trailer. You do the math.

Comment

I hauled a John Deere 4955 with duals and water in the tires, pretty sure tractor weighed around 25,000+, this was with a 2000 7.3 diesel dually, couldn’t get it over 60mph on the highway. Hauled it a little over 200 miles.

Comment

I’ve got a 21 duramax and my dad has a 22 power stroke, I like the features on the duramax better but like the interior and comfort on the F250

Comment

mitch, i ran duramaxes for several years but had 2 engines go bad at 60k and and a suburban frame brake for no reason so bailed on chevy after 30 years. then went 2 ford diesels still using both 13 and 16 model and in 16 went and added dodge with cummins. both brands are good. fords electronic bs is always an issue so i would continue with dodge for hauling if i went new. this is hauling 40 ft goose with ag equip and 26 ft gooseneck cattle trailer regularly. good luck

Comment

Working...
                        X