No announcement yet.

2022 Gardening Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here are the peppers I got off of my plants…
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
      Got the cabbage, lettuce, collard greens and bok choy in the ground yesterday. Need to seed some carrots and snow peas today when I get home...thanks for the reminder eradicator.
      Now if it would just flippin' rain!

Comment

My cukes finally gave up the ghost when I was hunting in New Mexico. Pulled them out when I got back.

Okra is still cranking, and now that it's cooled off my tomatoes and peppers are getting after it.

The persimmons were just getting right on my last trip to the lease before season started. Picked a good bit of them and made a batch of jelly. Came out pretty dang good.

Anyone have recommendations on some good determinate tomato varieties or okra that produces well but won't grow 12' tall? Hoping to change those two things up for next year.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
          Picked a few pumpkins out of the garden today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Do you have any advice on what’s a good pumpkin for eating? I came across a recipe for sweet and sour pumpkin that I want to try.

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
            Chew,
            This book has helped me tremendously. JADAM
            The way to Ultra-Low-Cost agriculture

YouTube has tons of videos on KNF.

Looks like it’s gonna be a great space for you and the wife to relax. Good luck
            Does anyone have book recommendation for Texas?

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
              Does anyone have book recommendation for Texas?

Neil Sperry’s books are pretty popular. Lone Star and Complete Guide.

Comment

My garden did not win any awards this year. Hmm maybe rain would help. Thanks for the posts. Keeps me intrigued as to ? Success and some good grub! Want to stay in the loop as lots of good info and sharing! Got a decent tomato crop (Early Girl). Lousy beans, squash with limited produce. Gypsy Peppers did great. Georgetown area

Comment

My summer garden was not good. I chalked this one up to having a lot going on and not watering enough as well as possibly adding some solar shade over the tomatoes.

Garden right now though looks amazing. Tomatoes, eggplant and okra are kicking butt. All fall plants are doing extremely well. Good take away lessons from this summer. Getting better with every year!

Comment

My tomatoes have started producing again and my peppers are going strong. Herbs are doing well. I’ve never done a fall winter garden but will probably put some different lettuces in.

Comment

Enchanted Garden has got a great selection right now of fall/winter vegetables.

Comment

tonight the overnight low is getting down to 31, according to accuweather, being under 40 from about 2 to 8 am. is that cold enough that i should go pull all my green tomatoes and either eat them green or ripen them indoors? if possible i'd rather not as the weather forecast after tonight looks good for several weeks.

Comment

I am not sure but if it were me, I would gamble. Perhaps throwing old towels over them is an option...

Comment

Originally posted by dhall1414 View Post
                            tonight the overnight low is getting down to 31, according to accuweather, being under 40 from about 2 to 8 am. is that cold enough that i should go pull all my green tomatoes and either eat them green or ripen them indoors? if possible i'd rather not as the weather forecast after tonight looks good for several weeks.

I’d water them really good tonight and in the morning. Throw a heat lamp near them if you have.

Comment

Pick them or cover them.

Comment

You can cover them with a sheet. The leaves might freeze and wilt a little but the ‘maters should be ok.

Comment

Working...
                                X