Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
    Poor pollination maybe?
    Possibly but I hope not because I planted less this time around.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
      What variety cucumbers? Could you possibly provide a picture? If they are picklers, it may be normal. If slicers, then there is an issue
      They are the burpless cucumbers. I wish I had a picture of them but I didnt take any from last years crop.

Comment

First Jalapeno of the season has been claimed by bugs. Got some Sevin dust that I am going to put out. You guys got any better suggestions that yall use for bugs?
        Attached Files

Comment

Yall please keep the ridiculing to a minimum on this one... [emoji16][emoji16] kidding. Let it fly. Its well deserved!

I was under pressure watching my toddler while my wife was at work, a storm was starting and I felt I needed to get seeds in the ground prior to the storm really pouring down.

"I'll remember what I planted," were my famous last words, as I was getting drenched in the preceding shower.

What did I plant here? I got one vote already for brussel sprouts and chard. I know the chard is off because I only have swiss chard and that looks like a bush that got in a fight with a box of crayons...

Two plants here, tried to get a pic of the leaves and the stem/stalk.

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
            First Jalapeno of the season has been claimed by bugs. Got some Sevin dust that I am going to put out. You guys got any better suggestions that yall use for bugs?
            Sevin but the bottle that hooks up to your hose is what I use. 1 bottle lasted all last year and going into this year. Good stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
              Yall please keep the ridiculing to a minimum on this one... [emoji16][emoji16] kidding. Let it fly. Its well deserved!

I was under pressure watching my toddler while my wife was at work, a storm was starting and I felt I needed to get seeds in the ground prior to the storm really pouring down.

"I'll remember what I planted," were my famous last words, as I was getting drenched in the preceding shower.

What did I plant here? I got one vote already for brussel sprouts and chard. I know the chard is off because I only have swiss chard and that looks like a bush that got in a fight with a box of crayons...

Beets and cabbage maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by trash2 View Post
                Beets and cabbage maybe?
                Well, i was about to respond that I did not remember buying any beet seeds. But upon outline one of them up and checking it out, that very well could've one day been a beet. Maybe I did.

As far as cabbage, I don't think so but I have been wrong before hahaha. Amazing what planning and preparation could do for me!!

Comment

Sevin but the bottle that hooks up to your hose is what I use. 1 bottle lasted all last year and going into this year. Good stuff!

Just ordered some. Thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                    My mammoths are already producing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

That’s hella fast! I got a couple small pepper “nipples” on a few of my jalapeño plants.

Some of my maters are flowering, but they’re not ready so I’m pulling the buds off as they come in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TexanDuke View Post

And neem oil for the bugs

Walmart, a Home Depot, and Lowe’s carry this.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
                        Need some advice from you guys. The past few years my cucumbers started being really fat and short. They would get no length to them. Experienced a similar problem with my jalapeños and bell peppers but not to the extent of the cucumbers. I think I might be over watering them. Thoughts? There are clearly a lot of folks here that are much better at this than me so any advice is greatly appreciated.

Pollination isn’t the issue. It’s like pregnancy, you either are or your aren’t. The fact that your plants producing fruits says it’s not a pollination issue.

What’s your lighting like? Are those plants getting full sun or partial partial?

Next, I would look at your nutrients.

Comment

If you guys will pinch off any blooms/small peppers off your started pepper plants and let the plant itself get to size first, you'll produce many more peppers... When the plant is small and blooms right off the bat and tries to produce a pepper, it does not have enough of a root system to feed the plant itself and produce the pepper(s)... The plant then stunts itself from growing and will not reach anywhere near its potential.

Comment

My first inclination was Swiss Chard (I have some growing that looks exactly like that), and either Broccoli or Cauliflower (I also have both growing and they look almost identical to your plants...). I'll try to post up pics of mine here in a bit...

Comment

ctom, here are pics of my Swiss Chard and broccoli. Though they are smaller (newer likely), they look almost identical to your plants... In any case, whatever it is that you have planted, the plants look VERY healthy... just wait and you'll find out what they are soon!!

Good luck!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2319.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	391.6 KB
ID:	24682438

Name:	IMG_2320.PNG
Size:	380.0 KB
ID:	24682439

Name:	IMG_2321.PNG
Size:	453.2 KB
ID:	24682440

Comment

Here's the latest pic of our bag garden and the corn/pea patch... We are about done planting except for some cayenne pepper plants I have started in my grow room... Also added the 12 new berry plants in wicking tubs...

All that lush greenery are my potatoes in grow bags... Don't know if we're makin' any taters, but we sure have some of the most beautiful plants we ever grown! I've hilled them 3 times and my bags are now completely full of soil.

Name:	IMG_2314.JPG
Size:	114.8 KB
ID:	24682441

Y'all don't laugh at how crooked my rows are!! Was in a hurry to finish up with the bedder so I had a few hiccups in my "tractor work"!!

Name:	IMG_2315.JPG
Size:	166.9 KB
ID:	24682442

Name:	IMG_2318.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	155.3 KB
ID:	24682443

Have 6 more berry plants coming that will go between these two rows.

Name:	IMG_2317.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	142.2 KB
ID:	24682444

Now have my watering system complete... Have an adjustable emitter in each grow bag so I can put water right on the plants without wasting any and I have a fertilizer injection system so I can feed the plants with the watering system... Lot of work getting it all set up, but once done, the garden is almost maintenance free!! If this "garden" produces like I hope, I'll never go back to row gardening for most of our produce again!!

The in-ground garden has corn, purple hull peas, green beans and a little okrey... Have most of our okra in grow bags... tryin' both to get a comparison... Have a 1/2 row of spinach too... found that spinach does not transplant well so next year, we will just direct seed it into the grow bags... have 2 bags of carrots too... never planed carrots before. So far, they seem to be doing real well (well except for the fact that they look like weeds growing!! )

Funny thing is I have a Krivoman blind sitting just out of camera view of the corn/pea patch... My wife has been spending 3-5 hours a day sitting in it with my Benelli... Crows wiped her out and she replanted last Sunday... She's bound and determined they aren't going to do that again... 3 down and counting...

Comment

Working...
                                X