Buccees on the GROW!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by redfishted View Post
    In my opinion when Buccees comes to a small town, it ain’t all sunshine and roses, not by a long shot.

From what I herd a few years ago there were plans to build one in Texarkana. I herd it got shot down because of what you mention

Comment

Have you seen some of the hiring rates? The one in Luling was offering up to $34/hr for Managers.

Comment

Very cool
        Pretty sure i have never been in one.

Comment

Originally posted by redfishted View Post
          In my opinion when Buccees comes to a small town, it ain’t all sunshine and roses, not by a long shot.
          Yea, it’s really kinda sad to see the local politicians throw a town under the bus catering to buc-ees on Signage, tax abaitment, ect

Comment

I've always felt bad for the small businesses that get put out of business when Buccee's comes to town. A lot of mom and pop convenience stores, small restaurants, etc. don't last long once Buccee's opens up. And not just in the town where it opens. How many people don't stop and eat or buy gas in Centerville or Huntsville because there's a Buccee's in Madisonville?

Comment

Originally posted by bullets13 View Post
              I've always felt bad for the small businesses that get put out of business when Buccee's comes to town. A lot of mom and pop convenience stores, small restaurants, etc. don't last long once Buccee's opens up. And not just in the town where it opens. How many people don't stop and eat or buy gas in Centerville or Huntsville because there's a Buccee's in Madisonville?
              Only thing good in Huntsville is the Eye Candy and that isnt along the freeway. Ill go to Woodys before Buccees.

Comment

Since I would never stop in Centerville or Huntsville before Buccee's that seems like a net win.

Comment

Originally posted by DedDuk View Post
                  Ill go to Woodys before Buccees.
                  Yep.

Comment

I typically avoid Buccees like the plague. Just far too many people!

Comment

Originally posted by 1riot1ranger View Post
                      Since I would never stop in Centerville or Huntsville before Buccee's that seems like a net win.
                      that stretch of three towns is a logical stopping point between beaumont/houston and dallas/ft.worth.

Comment

I have not seen a mom and pop convenience store/gas station in many years. Most are chain stores/gas stations run by people wearing sandals.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                          I have not seen a mom and pop convenience store/gas station in many years. Most are chain stores/gas stations run by people wearing sandals.

Fuel Maxx has killed more mom and pop gas stations than Bucees ever could.

Comment

As a counterpoint, before Bucees most places had a one holer restroom that was an afterthought. Never clean and usually downright disgusting and nasty.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                              Can’t wait!

Does Ohio really deserve a Buc-ees? Ha sorry

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X