No announcement yet.

wildfire bastrop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whatever idiot at TPWD gave the go ahead on this burn with the weather forecast and extreme fire danger should be hung by the nads. Seriously, should be fired and be held accountable for damages. Also, if anyone is injured or god forbid, killed…should face jail time. No different that arson in my mind.

Comment

Here's another burn.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Comment

Dang Mike that looks a little to close for comfort!

Comment

Some "aZZ is going to pay for this mistake. But I bet it will be covered up as usual.

Comment

You hate to see this…. Prescribed fire is good for habitat and when blunders like this happen, the first thing the agency will do is shut the fires down for 10 years…. But the guy who gave the go ahead today won’t be held accountable.

Comment

Simply terrible

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
                Dang, the trees are just starting to make a good comeback from the last fire.

My wife and I had this exact conversation Sunday as we drove down 71

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Man. I have been down with covid hard again today at the ranch but had to run into La grange for supplies this evening. (Did you know Walmart there does contactless pickup? It’s kinda nifty for this scenario). In any case, I thought I was having covid hallucinations or something and imagining smoke smell and a big haze over everything all the there and back to our place in Flatonia. I’d be furious if I lost out due to a prescribed burn gone wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by db@100 View Post
                    Now you all know Covid started the fire!
                    Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                    That’s a dumb response to this thread. Everyone knows that Donald Trump started the fire.
                    You two gentleman win the comment section today.

Comment

Someone or a few someones needs to be fired for this!!! Beyond stupid.

Comment

Guys this is global warming. Stop driving diesels

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
                          This is what I heard as well. Not sure why they decided to move forward with it today, the wind is blowing like crazy. Hope they get it under control.
                          Watched the news on this last night as I stood outside smelling smoke coming from Camp Bullis doing controlled burns as well Not sure this is a great time for it

More than 1,700 acres of brush is scheduled to be burned at Joint Base San Antonio-Camp Bullis from Jan. 18-26.

Comment

I would love to burn my place off but too scared to do it and it get away

Comment

Burns from Camp Bullis have to come a long way to endanger the public. It can happen, but the burns there are pretty contained.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                                Simply terrible
                                X2, how did somebody think this was a good idea?

Comment

Working...
                                X