Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
    Nope.

In fact someone on the other forum was offered to be a part of the buy in of the lake. I think he told me 75 mill was what they paid

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Interesting. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
      Hahaha, so did I, but on classic bass baits.

Another sneaker was the ponds on the old Tennaco Golf Course out near Hockley.

I caught more than 1/2 dozen bass out of those ponds that were way over 10ths.
      I use to fish the golf course ponds out at Horseshoe Bay. I caught several over 10lb including my PB of 12-14 So far I’ve caught , since I’ve started, keeping up 16 DD. Only 2 have come from public waters. One on Buchanan and one off some lake in South Carolina
      Last edited by BrandonA; 01-17-2022, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Book a trip with Josh Jones aka the man who put Ivie back on the map. 1000.00 / day uses live scope to find and catch them. I think he has 2 over 13 from Ivie one this year and one after the big freeze.

Comment

I caught a handful that size out of Gibbons Creek. All from the same hump.

It’s been a while though. Is the lake even still open for fishing?
          Like others have stated, this place sold a few weeks ago to a few guys. I’ve been trying to see if they would let me duck hunt it.

But another lake not mentioned, lake raven at the state park in Huntsville. It’s a lake biologists have put sharelunker offspring in trying to grow monster bass here.

Comment

I caught a handful that size out of Gibbons Creek. All from the same hump.

It’s been a while though. Is the lake even still open for fishing?
            I don't understand why TPWD didn't buy this. I know it's a lot of money, just make it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Bryan View Post
              Book a trip with Josh Jones aka the man who put Ivie back on the map. 1000.00 / day uses live scope to find and catch them. I think he has 2 over 13 from Ivie one this year and one after the big freeze.

$1250 for 2 people! He's a Livescope wizard for sure! He's got the winter deep suspended fish bite figured out for sure if you could get ahold of him!

He needs to stick to ditch pickles and leave the crappie alone!

Comment

You can pay to catch one out of a Private lake but per the numbers, public, Fork is King. May not be what it was in the 90's but still pushes out Sharelunkers every year but people just get used to it lol. Not sure what the total number of 13lb+ is anymore but recall Fork entries were a couple hundred ahead of the next closest reservoir. Looks like over half of the top 50 largest bass in TX came from Fork too.

Comment

If I was dying to catch a 10+ I'd book a few days with Frank Canizaro on Toledo Bend.

Comment

I caught one on lake raven. Also been skunked there so take it with a grain of salt.

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
                      You can pay to catch one out of a Private lake but per the numbers, public, Fork is King. May not be what it was in the 90's but still pushes out Sharelunkers every year but people just get used to it lol. Not sure what the total number of 13lb+ is anymore but recall Fork entries were a couple hundred ahead of the next closest reservoir. Looks like over half of the top 50 largest bass in TX came from Fork too.

https://tpwd.texas.gov/fishboat/fish...rgemouth.phtml
                      Possibly the most educated fish in the world as well .

Comment

I’d say private lake and then you’re still looking at a long shot. Rare animals are rare.

Comment

Originally posted by ken View Post
                          Going to Lake Picacho next week. I'll report when I get back
                          Well how was it ?

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                            Like others have stated, this place sold a few weeks ago to a few guys. I’ve been trying to see if they would let me duck hunt it.

But another lake not mentioned, lake raven at the state park in Huntsville. It’s a lake biologists have put sharelunker offspring in trying to grow monster bass here.
                            They put a ton of sharelunker fry in Marine creek lake in Ft. Worth also

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post

https://tpwd.texas.gov/fishboat/fish...rgemouth.phtml
                            Fork is the Hagerman of bass fishing, way past its prime and way over pressured.
                            Last edited by bossbowman; 01-26-2022, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                              They put a ton of sharelunker fry in Marine creek lake in Ft. Worth also

Fork is the Hagerman of bass fishing, way past its prime and way over pressured.
                              Now that’s interesting about Marine Creek, and close, thanks for posting that info.

Comment

Originally posted by 3ChordTruth View Post
                                Now that’s interesting about Marine Creek, and close, thanks for posting that info.
                                I think it has two sharelunkers in the books already.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X