This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bklem View Post
    I’m old enough to have actually ridden in said trans am.
    Classic.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bklem View Post
      I’m old enough to have actually ridden in said trans am.
      Nice work!

Comment

2022 College Football - Offseason

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
        Yep it’s going to be a circus
        I have no problem with the players being compensated but I think they opened this can of worms before they put up the necessary guard rails to manage it.
        It will eventually work itself out but until then it’s going to be a complete cluster. It’s already hit high school, kids in states that don’t allow the endorsements are opting out of playing their high school sport

The only way it stops is if/when folks stop paying to price to support it. As long as the money is flowing it will continue
        The ironic part is the more money that flows in the worse the game actually gets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

They WERE being compensated, they were/are just to stupid to understand the value of what they were given.

They have created the beginning of the end for those who come next….but they’ll never admit it.

Take this new golf tour that the Saudis are funding. The lazy and the has beens are jumping to it like flys, and who could blame them….it’s hundreds of millions just to show up. But in the end, they wouldn’t have the chance if not for the PGA that they are so quick to leave behind. We’re talking about the same PGA tour that was built from nothing by idealistic men who risked their fortunes on the unknown, and made all the guys who are leaving it, filthy stupid rich….for playing golf.

Just like baseball/football players who want more money, because of what the owners of the teams make. Nevermind what those owners risked, built, and fought for, to create a league that makes money.

And every one of those athletes will tell you that THEY are the reason the money comes in…and they aren’t entirely wrong. But why did they pursue that particular line of work??? Because of the money they could make, period. None of which would be available without the work of those owners that they would so easily leave behind.

All this while, the golfers, the football players, and the baseball players, will lie to you and tell you that they hold out, jump ship, and fight, so the guys in the lower tiers of their sports can make more money…..all while they take every penny they can get, knowing full well that every penny they take is less for the lower guys.

None of it is equal, none of it is fair, and none of it was ever meant to be.

In the end, the smart guys will make money off the talented athletes…and the less talented will lose. Just like it’s always been, it just won’t look the same….and college football is gonna pay the biggest price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
          They WERE being compensated, they were/are just to stupid to understand the value of what they were given.

They have created the beginning of the end for those who come next….but they’ll never admit it.

Take this new golf tour that the Saudis are funding. The lazy and the has beens are jumping to it like flys, and who could blame them….it’s hundreds of millions just to show up. But in the end, they wouldn’t have the chance if not for the PGA that they are so quick to leave behind. We’re talking about the same PGA tour that was built from nothing by idealistic men who risked their fortunes on the unknown, and made all the guys who are leaving it, filthy stupid rich….for playing golf.

Just like baseball/football players who want more money, because of what the owners of the teams make. Nevermind what those owners risked, built, and fought for, to create a league that makes money.

And every one of those athletes will tell you that THEY are the reason the money comes in…and they aren’t entirely wrong. But why did they pursue that particular line of work??? Because of the money they could make, period. None of which would be available without the work of those owners that they would so easily leave behind.

All this while, the golfers, the football players, and the baseball players, will lie to you and tell you that they hold out, jump ship, and fight, so the guys in the lower tiers of their sports can make more money…..all while they take every penny they can get, knowing full well that every penny they take is less for the lower guys.

In the end, the smart guys will make money off the talented athletes…and the less talented will lose. Just like it’s always been, it just won’t look the same….and college football is gonna pay the biggest price.

Well said. The virtue signaling in pro sports while holding out for FA and contracts has always bothered me. A wise man once told me, "It's not always about the money...but it's about the money."

True.

ac

Comment

at the end of the day it's the Fan that makes it all work for them regardless of how hard the owner works or how much they risk.

until the public is really tired of the product on the field it will continue and thats the bottom line.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
              Arch Manning to Jackson State with Neon Deon and Tim Brewster?!
              [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

This is a good one.....

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Comment

All I'll say is if you see my son in a brand new
                GMC 3500Hd Denali. Just know I paid cash for it and the university had nothing to do with it.....[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]... Now a Dodge Charger Scat Pack.... That's a different story......[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

Truth Dale, Truth!

Like most things, they over cook it and ruin it. Here comes the demise of college sports.

Comment

The Big 12’s new teams officially join next year. Their buyout’s are set at $18 million each paid over 14 years, lol. Will the AAC even exist.

Now that is done, the exit of Texas and OU will heat up. The Big 12 needs to broker their new TV deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                      The Big 12’s new teams officially join next year. Their buyout’s are set at $18 million each paid over 14 years, lol. Will the AAC even exist.

It’s about to get real good around here![emoji1417][emoji23]

Comment

Probably

Comment

Really good article on Jamarcus Russell

Here

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post

Here
                            Good read!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post

Here
                              He writes like he speaks I guess. Not the easiest to read....

Comment

According to On3 Sports, Texas A&M president Katherine Banks and director of athletics Ross Bjork sent a letter to SEC commissioner...

ATM

Comment

Working...
                                X