This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Heath View Post
    That is why the transfer rules will remain in place, the NCAA can not fight the anti-trust aspect of it. They can not keep kids from seeking better opportunities to make more money.
    I think they could limit the one free transfer to after the a certain time period on campus. I also think that NIL contracts will eventually curb transfers monetarily.

I agree though and I don't think the one free transfer rule will go away. It is a good rule, imo, but I just think implementing it at the same time as NIL coming off the pandemic where many kids now have an extra year of eligibility has caused an extra level of chaos.

Comment

Originally posted by preaux40 View Post
      Higher or lower? . .
      I think all of the reported NIL mega deals are much lower than reported. I know that some of them are.

Comment

"Everyone will be treated fairly. However, everyone will not be treated equally." - Nick Saban.... I know kids with NIL deals. Some big, some small. I've noticed none of the deals offer any guarantees and it seems the not so sexy positions (Oline,D-line, Special teams) on the football field don't seem to garner as much money.... Now, in my opinion the NCAA could've avoided all of this had they not been so greedy and were progressive in thought.... A few minor common sense adjustments to the rules would've prevented the current free fall.... The case of Donald De La Haye comes to mind.....Kid was a kicker on scholarship and had a lucrative YouTube channel..... NCAA said he couldn't be on scholarship.......Kid dumped the scholarship... Had some one with adequate foresight been in the room to say if a kid on a music scholarship can get paid from offering lessons than a scholarship athlete should as well... They would have recognized the world was changing and would have moved to get ahead of the change..... But, NAW... Let's see whose boosters can pony up the most dough for "NIL deals"... For the top tier athletes, coached by bottom tier coaches.[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]
        Make it make sense....No matter the sport, coaching matters......... Mini sermon......
        Amen, lights & walls... [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

******Disclaimer*******
        I'm not firing shots at the Aggies.... but this was good one made by some of the Bams
        I ain't looking for no Smoke [emoji1787][emoji23][emoji1787]

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice little list.
          Attached Files

Comment

tu giving Lambos to mediocre running backs?

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
              tu giving Lambos to mediocre running backs?

https://www.kvue.com/article/sports/...0-ad862aabad59
              Good RB’s get dealerships.

Comment

“It was so organic how it happened,” Jaramillo told On3 Sports. “And nonetheless, ironically, it ended up working backward. Now, we have been working with the athletic department and coach Sarkisian, and we got some future things in the works.”

I didn't think the coaches were supposed to be involved in the NIL process?

I really liked the old system of college football corruption, where everything was kept hush hush, and we could all pretend that these were still amateur student athletes we were watching on Saturdays, playing for their scholarships or for the elite handful, their shot at the NFL. This in your face cash windfall for mediocre athletes just doesn't sit well with me, as I write my tuition checks for my kids. Maybe I'd feel better about it if they were at least forced to give up their scholarships?

Comment

Hillbilly headlines.....[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Comment

Ryan Day has reached out to the local business community to go through tOSU athletic department about signing kids to NIL deals.....

with 85 scholarship players he said they will need $13m to keep the roster intact or risk losing players to the portal....said if we cant get them paid other schools will.....
                    $2m for QBs
                    $1m for edge rushers and tackles
                    $500k for DBs....

I absolutely hate this....the NIL and the portal are gonna kill college football they way it is set up now

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        The end of college football as we know it is near….

Comment

You guys are naive

Comment

It was so much better when the players were getting paid under the table. This is going screw up college football and high school will be next. Wait until the ladies sports wants the same kind of money.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                              It was so much better when the players were getting paid under the table. This is going screw up college football and high school will be next. Wait until the ladies sports wants the same kind of money.

My daughter is 9 and very good at softball. We will be looking for NIL deals going into 10u. That where we are going and it’s absolutely stupid!

Has coach Satan ran his c holster this week?

Comment

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
                                My daughter is 9 and very good at softball. We will be looking for NIL deals going into 10u. That where we are going and it’s absolutely stupid!

Has coach Satan ran his c holster this week?
                                You should be, it will be in HS in the next couple of years

Comment

Working...
                                X