Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever raised worms on a large scale?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by npe001 View Post
    I knew a guy named Lloyd that had a big worm farm, he actually did it in his living room.. Kinda weird.
    His roommate Harry had a pet parakeet named Petey too. Weird guys!

Comment

yall know how to tell which end of the worm is the head? the end that laughs after tellin it a joke

Comment

bumping this up so I can find it later! Gotta order bait for the kids fish soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Hills of Texas View Post
          Did you go with red wigglers or Canadian?
          What about white grubs? A buddy has a big cedar tree with lots of mulch around the base that holds em pretty well. They make good bait too

Comment

Purchased 2k earthworms from Buckeye Organics last week. They shipped them Friday night and they showed up Monday dead and stinking! Can't tell you who to get worms from but I dang sure won't ever buy from them again!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
              Purchased 2k earthworms from Buckeye Organics last week. They shipped them Friday night and they showed up Monday dead and stinking! Can't tell you who to get worms from but I dang sure won't ever buy from them again!
              Check social media market places for worms in your area. You might get lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                So how does one kill and keep away fire ants without killing the worms?
                I can't speak to this specifically but I recently bought a product called surrender to treat ants in the yard. Holy cow is it effective. It is possibly the worst smelling stuff you have ever smelled but you put a teaspoon on a mound and there will be no survivors. I would think if you had your worms in a container, having some of this around the base would take care of any ants.

Comment

Originally posted by LeanMachine View Post
                  I can't speak to this specifically but I recently bought a product called surrender to treat ants in the yard. Holy cow is it effective. It is possibly the worst smelling stuff you have ever smelled but you put a teaspoon on a mound and there will be no survivors. I would think if you had your worms in a container, having some of this around the base would take care of any ants.
                  It's all I've used for about 10 years now. 100% kill and the mound doesn't just move some where else either.

Comment

Working...
                  X