Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

2022 Workout accountability...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just now seeing this thread. Last October, after a long time of not darkening the doors of a gym or really doing any training, I decided to change that. Started off slow for a month lifting twice a week with no real plan. Ended up finding and using an app that I still like called “Workout” to plan my lifting days. Finished a 3 month program at the end of January that was 3 days a week. In Feb, I started a 4 days per week routine. I have gone from dreading a 4:30 wake up to almost beating the alarm out of bed. My first goal was just to get stronger and feel better. In the first 4 months I have gained 12lbs and gotten tighter in my belt.

Monday is chest and back
    Tuesday is legs
    Wednesday is arms and shoulders
    Friday is full body

This program I’m on now is a 10 week program with 2 5 week blocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bigdaddy590 View Post
      Just now seeing this thread. Last October, after a long time of not darkening the doors of a gym or really doing any training, I decided to change that. Started off slow for a month lifting twice a week with no real plan. Ended up finding and using an app that I still like called “Workout” to plan my lifting days. Finished a 3 month program at the end of January that was 3 days a week. In Feb, I started a 4 days per week routine. I have gone from dreading a 4:30 wake up to almost beating the alarm out of bed. My first goal was just to get stronger and feel better. In the first 4 months I have gained 12lbs and gotten tighter in my belt.

Monday is chest and back
      Tuesday is legs
      Wednesday is arms and shoulders
      Friday is full body

This program I’m on now is a 10 week program with 2 5 week blocks.

Welcome to the jungle! Keep after it! Consistency is better than intensity!

Comment

Here is the block I’m working on right now. I’ll do this for 5 weeks.

Comment

Legs and shoulders done this morning. A little ab work thrown in as well. Supersets with shoulder strip sets and 4X8-10 on legs.

Lateral raise/seated leg curl/incline sit up
          DB shoulder press/leg extension
          Rear delt DB fly/front squat
          Sled leg press/BB front raise/hanging leg raise
          Shrugs/standing weighted calf raise

Have a great weekend!

Comment

I've sucked the last couple days.

Trying for lunch today as I slept in again.

Comment

Keep grinding guys...I haven't posted on this thread before today, but I've been following along. I finished the fire academy last December at 42 and decided to keep pushing. Run 3 times a week and lift 2 times a week. Seems to be doing the trick. I'm down 8 lbs in the last month. Diet and support at home make a huge difference!

Comment

Originally posted by TxMedic View Post
                Keep grinding guys...I haven't posted on this thread before today, but I've been following along. I finished the fire academy last December at 42 and decided to keep pushing. Run 3 times a week and lift 2 times a week. Seems to be doing the trick. I'm down 8 lbs in the last month. Diet and support at home make a huge difference!
                Great to hear. At 42 you are at a pivotal time where your body wants to start sliding down the abyss into middle age. Don't let it happen!

Comment

Knocked out shoulders yesterday and arms this AM.

Legs tomorrow

Comment

Been hitting it fairly hard. Did a final set on the bench last week 330x3 and squatted 405x3. I thought I still had it but at 52 I’m getting old! My 27 year old called and said that he singled 360 on bench, squatted 600 and deadlifted 611. He is getting ready for a meet in Corpus Christi, Tx.

I am pretty proud of him to say the least! He graduated high school 6-6’1 130 pounds. He now weighs 235 pounds and he is killing it!!!

Keep grinding gentlemen and keep up the good work!

Comment

I got it done this morning despite taking a 2.5 hour nap yesterday afternoon and not sleeping very well last night. It took awhile to get the vitamin M up to speed.

Chest and bicep supersets today. 3X8

Incline DB press every setting to flat 3 rounds/preacher curl
                      Seated wide grip chest press/hammer curl
                      DB fly/overhead cable curl

Legs and back tomorrow

Comment

Leg workout yesterday was awesome.

Looking like Back today during lunch

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                          Leg workout yesterday was awesome.

Looking like Back today during lunch
                          Back done!

Chest tomorrow more and likely

Comment

I opted to sleep in this morning to make up for Sunday night. I'm glad I did! Back at it tomorrow!

Comment

Chest was done this AM

Arms manana.

Comment

i have been getting mine in but my schedule with the kids has cut back my available time quite a bit.

i am really hoping to get my diet back on track today, for lunch i finally finished off the pot of ragin blaze chili (with beans!) i made last week so i am going to try to stick as close to keto-vore as possible, limiting carbs to about 30 a day and only right before or right after a workout with this bar https://perfectsnacks.com/products/peanut-butter

i am having some minor aches and inflammation in my elbows and shoulders that i am going to try to solve with my diet.
                                Last edited by jshouse; 03-01-2022, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X