No announcement yet.

Weevils in corn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone ever use carbon disulfide (hi life) in corn to keep weevils out?

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
      If they ever get completely empty spray the inside with malathion. Let dry and then add corn.
      This is what we do with gain bins.

Comment

Great ideas fellas.

Anyone figured out a way to get rid of the huge ants that set up shop at the feeder pen and spend all day hauling the corn that didn't get eaten undergound?

Had it in Menard and now in Brackettville.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
          Great ideas fellas.

Anyone figured out a way to get rid of the huge ants that set up shop at the feeder pen and spend all day hauling the corn that didn't get eaten undergound?

Had it in Menard and now in Brackettville.
          diatomaceous earth will kill them too if it's mixed in the corn. It's like microscopic razor blades that gets in the joints of the ants exoskeleton and eventually they dehydrate and die. And it's good for the deer too.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
            diatomaceous earth will kill them too if it's mixed in the corn. It's like microscopic razor blades that gets in the joints of the ants exoskeleton and eventually they dehydrate and die. And it's good for the deer too.
            Sweet, thanks for the info- one quick search and ....something I had never heard of.
            Makes me hunry reading the article too-
            Creating a good morning routine is so important for your success, mental health, and physical health. A morning routine is what starts your entire day off! Our food grade Diatomaceous Earth has been an essential part of many customers'  morning routines for a long time. We want to provide some insights on how to create an efficient morning routine and what a good morning routine may look like!  We interviewed Kayla Abdi, a super helpful health and wellness expert and she provided some amazing tips! Here is what Kayla shared:

Comment

We tried the bag of cloves today. We'll see how that goes. Might try the pest strip or ear tag in corn barrel. Where do you get the diamacious earth, and how much do you pour in feeder or corn barrel? What does it do to weevils? Wont hurt deer?

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                diatomaceous earth on bulk corn, has always worked for us through the season
                This right here is what I used in my feed bins. Has to be food grade and it does not take a lot. Be careful not to add too much. Basically ground us sea shells

Comment

How much is "too much"? Like for 55 gal barrel? Or 300lb feeder?

Comment

Working...
                  X