2022 Salty H20 Thread.... Let's go! Part 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hammer63 View Post
    My awesome wife convinced me that I needed to upgrade the boat since we plan to spend a lot of time on the water in my coming retirement in December.

I bought the boat new in 1997 and it's been a great ride. Not the smoothest and not the driest but a really good all-around sled. Have had a lot of great trips and excursions in it.

The upgrades are:

Replaced the Johnson 175 with a Suzuki 200

New Bob's jack plate

Replaced the trolling motor

Added power steering

New Garmin GPS

New onboard battery tender and new batteries (3)

New bait well air pump

New bait well pump for filling

New running lights

miscellaneous other little items

Going to try to do the break in this weekend. It's like a brand new rig to me...I'm excited!

[ATTACH]1097459[/ATTACH]
    I just re powered mine with 225 suzuki just did the 20 hour service so far I really like it. Took a bit to get the prop I liked.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

We've been on a pretty strong red bite the last couple weekends around Aransas. Up until a few weeks ago the trout had been good for us with several larger fish being released on top water. Shifted gears with the heat and crowds by mid day bottom fishing with the wife and son. Low traffic shallow mud areas on windward shores with menhaden producing regardless of temperature. Late evening wades along the backside of reefs off Morris Cummings also has been great with Spook Jr.'s. Traffic seem to have these fish hanging deep and coming up to feed right before dark on a regular basis.

Best part about it all, my son has turned a corner on working his top water this summer. He's been handling plastics well the last few years but this adds a new dimension to the arsenal.

Looking forward to some cooler temps and less crowds. I feel the trout bite this fall and winter will be above average in regards to size.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
        PH, Dvr and I absolutely smoked the trout today. Quality fish kept with copious amounts of 16.5 inch turned back. We all agreed it's been a very long time since we've caught fish like today. And quality fish at that.

Great day with some great gentlemen. Couldn't have asked for better conditions.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
        I should have skipped the money today. Next time gents!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Notaguide View Post
          We've been on a pretty strong red bite the last couple weekends around Aransas. Up until a few weeks ago the trout had been good for us with several larger fish being released on top water. Shifted gears with the heat and crowds by mid day bottom fishing with the wife and son. Low traffic shallow mud areas on windward shores with menhaden producing regardless of temperature. Late evening wades along the backside of reefs off Morris Cummings also has been great with Spook Jr.'s. Traffic seem to have these fish hanging deep and coming up to feed right before dark on a regular basis.

Best part about it all, my son has turned a corner on working his top water this summer. He's been handling plastics well the last few years but this adds a new dimension to the arsenal.

Looking forward to some cooler temps and less crowds. I feel the trout bite this fall and winter will be above average in regards to size.
          Congrats on a Great trip!!

Comment

PH, Dvr and I absolutely smoked the trout today. Quality fish kept with copious amounts of 16.5 inch turned back. We all agreed it's been a very long time since we've caught fish like today. And quality fish at that.

Yes Sir it was a Great Day! Great company & ice cream conditions!!

This was our view when we dropped anchor. About as good as it gets!
            Last edited by DUKFVR; 08-08-2022, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Good stuff ya'll!

Comment

Notaguide- Good times and it is great to watch the kids grow and shift to more diverse fishing.

Went this morning early. Caught 6 trout the first hour and put two on stinger that I knew would be over 17 for tonight. The others were all measure fish. Trout have been hard to find. I did find a bowl that the skip jack and jacks had bait pushed in. Got out and caught fish for about an hour. Lots of small jacks in the 2-5# range- I looked for split rings to take hooks off but none in boat. Oh well lots of fun but ready for cooling water

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post

Went this morning early. Caught 6 trout the first hour and put two on stinger that I knew would be over 17 for tonight. The others were all measure fish. Trout have been hard to find. I did find a bowl that the skip jack and jacks had bait pushed in. Got out and caught fish for about an hour. Lots of small jacks in the 2-5# range- I looked for split rings to take hooks off but none in boat. Oh well lots of fun but ready for cooling water
                  WTG!! Sounds like fun on those jacks!

Comment

Thats awesome! Great job!

Comment

Surf sure looks pretty on the cams. Any reports? Sure seems like I need to go hit it.

Comment

2022 Salty H20 Thread.... Let's go! Part 1

Looks like it may get decent into this weekend. Water is beautiful not far off the beach. This was in sargent Mitchell’s cut after a good high tide. Hard to tell on pics but easy 4-5’ visibility.

Comment

Yahoo

Wahoo out of Port A
                          Grant and Kevin in the pic.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post
                            Wahoo out of Port A
                            Grant and Kevin in the pic.
                            Yum!

Comment

Wife and I are headed down to Aransas pass in the morning. Trying to find some reds. Been pretty tough for us so far this year. Seems like lots of undersized but very few slot fish. Who knows may catch one with jewelry.

Comment

Did a mid day wade into a West Matty back lake... didn't make it very far in before my stringer was full with 3 sold reds. Backed out and let the rest know I'd be back another day

Comment

Working...
                                X