2022 Salty H20 Thread.... Let's go! Part 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
    Going to Galveston for a family deal this weekend any where to walk and wade right now? Depending on weather I plan on hitting the surf. I’ve really never fished out there so any tips would be appreciated.
    Take the ferry over to bolivar and wade the beach between the North Jetty and the fort. Bring gulps and fish them around the boat ramp for flounder. Soft plastics for trout. We used to fish there all the time. The hotter it got the better the fishing got for trout. I'd bet money they are in there right now.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
      Be careful wading near San Luis Pass.
      Yep, wade away from the pass. Into and along the bayshore!

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
        No sir sold that to a buddy years ago! Anytime you need an extra guy on a blue water trip let me know!

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
        Hope you sold it for more than you bought it for LOL. I stay mostly in the bay. Go out there sparingly.

Comment

First time on calcasieu in I think 3 years. Probably first time fishing there summer in 10 or more years. Changed a bit since last hurricane.

Never could figure it out. Would catch one here, one there. No meat hauls. But still had a blast. Caught a few. And ate a bunch of crabs!

Moms new place on the river is epic! Hopefully we'll be making a bunch more trips now!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Nothing wrong with that!

Comment

Just got to rockport and plan on fishin in the light tonight and go out in the morning

Comment

Weekend Fishing Trip was on fire!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Comment

No mames wey!

Comment

The pier is full of these little guys

Comment

Well apparently some folks don’t know the difference between Freeport and Galveston! Turns out we’re headed to Freeport…

Any fishing tips for Freeport?? Walk in wade? Surf?

Comment

Well apparently some folks don’t know the difference between Freeport and Galveston! Turns out we’re headed to Freeport…

Any fishing tips for Freeport?? Walk in wade? Surf?

Surf will probably be a little rough. You can still go down and fish in the bay behind San Luis pass. It’s not that far. You can also go fish the jetties there at Surfside. Bring a kayak, there are plenty of places over there to kayak fish the bay.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                            Surf will probably be a little rough. You can still go down and fish in the bay behind San Luis pass. It’s not that far. You can also go fish the jetties there at Surfside. Bring a kayak, there are plenty of places over there to kayak fish the bay.
                            No room for a yak. What side of the pass do you recommend? East side vs west?

Comment

No room for a yak. What side of the pass do you recommend? East side vs west?
                              East side. Go across the bridge as soon as you cross take a left along side of bridge. You can see where everyone goes. When you get to water fish straight out till you hit the deep gut ,then fish east zig zagging in and out toward shore. Guts & humps through there. I have had some epic days in there. You don't have to worry about the current pulling you that way. It will move good when tide is moving ,but not anything like if you are in the pass its self. For the most part hard bottom all thru there.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                                East side. Go across the bridge as soon as you cross take a left along side of bridge. You can see where everyone goes. When you get to water fish straight out till you hit the deep gut ,then fish east zig zagging in and out toward shore. Guts & humps through there. I have had some epic days in there. You don't have to worry about the current pulling you that way. It will move good when tide is moving ,but not anything like if you are in the pass its self. For the most part hard bottom all thru there.

Thanks David! I probably hit it Friday morning see what’s happening. Maybe tonight too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X