No announcement yet.

2022 Salty H20 Thread.... Let's go! Part 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As said above, in the summer moving water is like air conditioning to fish.

Comment

Smaller baits help as well? Got some burner shad and old trout killer jr’s in the box

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
        Anyone got any good crabbing spots around the kemah, La Porte, Baytown area i can take the kiddo (and family)to Saterday? He has struck out his last 2 times at Surfside with nothing but small crabs. We will be in the area for a family event and hoping to make the most outta the trip. Thanks in advance
        Crabbing is tough right now...most big males have moved out deeper due to high salinity levels, average 24/36 hour set is only yielding a 2-3 pound average per trap(about 6 crab), don’t have any spots for you, I don’t crab over there..sorry

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
          Smaller baits help as well? Got some burner shad and old trout killer jr’s in the box
          They can help this time of year especially with redfish.

Comment

I would like to get on redfish more consistently. I’ve only caught a couple out of his boat, we fish a flat. Not sure if we go shallow enough we stay in the 2-4’ range

Comment

Building an outhouse down at camp, weather was too nice to resist so took the boat out for a midnight fullmoon wade real quick. Caught a trout then stepped on a flounder, happened to have a gig in the boat so went and grabbed it and found two more, then finished up on the trout. Once the wind laid down the bait and surface fish activity was just nuts, it was almost disruptive how loud the water surface was for so long.

Originally posted by glen View Post
              Well I put the boat in the trailer because of wind and someone decided they needed one of my ice chests and my waist life jacket more than me. So get to the ramp and since my life vest was attached to my kill switch we had a problem. Since it’s a plunger kill switch I made due. Put about 4 reds and about 8 black drum in boat. No fish harmed this morning.
              lol man I freakin love it, you must be my long lost brother or something. Nothing's getting in the way with that kind of determination.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by justletmein; 07-13-2022, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
                I would like to get on redfish more consistently. I’ve only caught a couple out of his boat, we fish a flat. Not sure if we go shallow enough we stay in the 2-4’ range
                Not all the redfish are in skinny water.

Comment

KD350. Reach out to me a couple days or day before you get here. If water is clean and wind is light Deadman’s and J Bird over the shell. Went this morning and caught about half dozen trout in the 15-17 inch area in chocolate milk water. Lots of small bait and shrimp and inter coastal is within 75 yards.

Allyns Bight has reds in it right now with all the water pulled out from the back lake islands. Also schools of black drum but that can and will change when the water comes back in
                  Last edited by glen; 07-13-2022, 11:04 AM.

Comment

KD350. Reach out to me a couple days or day before you get here. If water is clean and wind is light Deadman’s and J Bird over the shell. Went this morning and caught about half dozen trout in the 15-17 inch area in chocolate milk water. Lots of small bait and shrimp and inter coastal is within 75 yards.

Allyns Bight has reds in it right now with all the water pulled out from the back lake islands. Also schools of black drum but that can and will change when the water comes back in
                    Thank you, I will pm you

I know we’ve fished allyns before but only catch trout

Comment

Look for areas that concentrate current for reds. Marsh drains, bayous, the edge dropoff of flats, windward shorelines. High water temps don't bother reds so they can still be shallow in the summer in areas where trout wouldn't be caught dead, but they aren't always up skinny. And, actually the bigger fish are usually out in the middle of the bay this time of year.

Also, water clarity is highly overrated. I like dirty water for reds.
                      Last edited by El General; 07-14-2022, 01:46 PM.

Comment

If anyone in Galveston or Matagorda has a spot on the boat for me this Sunday the 17th or next Saturday the 23rd I'd be happy to buy gas, beer, food, etc. I make great boat sandwiches. I need to get on the water bad.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                          If anyone in Galveston or Matagorda has a spot on the boat for me this Sunday the 17th or next Saturday the 23rd I'd be happy to buy gas, beer, food, etc. I make great boat sandwiches. I need to get on the water bad.

If you can move that Saturday 23 to Sunday 24 I’ll have a spot for you.

Comment

Took two fishermen out. Gage and Ford. Their guide didn’t take enough mullet so we only got to catch 7. All fish between 23-27 inches. They missed a bunch but it was fun to watch them put the hammer to the reds.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Took two fishermen out. Gage and Ford. Their guide didn’t take enough mullet so we only got to catch 7. All fish between 23-27 inches. They missed a bunch but it was fun to watch them put the hammer to the reds.
                              Way to Go! A big thumbs up to you!

Comment

Atta boy Glen‼️‼️
                                You teach em to grab em by the eye sockets?

Comment

Working...
                                X