2022 Salty H20 Thread.... Let's go! Part 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by glen View Post
    I think I’m gonna try fishing in the dark in the morning with the heat and moon the way it is
    We have flat wore them out on full moon nights. Some of my most memorable fishing trips were wading a full moon. Both lures and live bait.

Comment

Anybody hitting surfside Saturday morning? I won’t be there but WFranklin will be there and looking for a partner

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
        Man, I’ve heard everyone talk about the wind this year…it was kicking the last 4 days. Crazy…I sure would hate to be dealing with it on a daily basis like you guides do
        It's tough. You learn to deal with it but it's not fun. Not when you know several places where a bunch of fish are that you can't fish in that wind. We had a whole lot of SW wind last May and June as well. I remember last spring and early summer being pretty tough as far as the wind goes.

Comment

A couple of recent trips. Went tonight and didn’t catch a keeper. Had a line of shad literally miles long swim through for hours. Could hear pops out in the dark, but they didn’t really have a reason to come to the lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bullets13 View Post

A couple of recent trips. Went tonight and didn’t catch a keeper. Had a line of shad literally miles long swim through for hours. Could hear pops out in the dark, but they didn’t really have a reason to come to the lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Congrats!

Comment

Went this morning. Ice Burner Shad and tops. Kept for tonight but caught about 15 that would have kept

Comment

Well. Great morning. Fished until about 745. Had two that were over the 23- kept 2 solid fish and then had one swallow a jig head. So kept that one as well. Guess we will just eat a little more this evening
                Attached Files

Comment

Very nice Glen!! Congratulations on the great eats!!

I used to love fishin' in the dark, early morning... Also on full moon when the tide gets rippin' good and the moon is overhead high... Don't get no better'n that... IF you can get over the heebie-jeebies of "Jaws" lurking just out of reach... :Porpoises blowing right behind you when you're Peter deep will make you want to walk on water too!

Comment

Well. Great morning. Fished until about 745. Had two that were over the 23- kept 2 solid fish and then had one swallow a jig head. So kept that one as well. Guess we will just eat a little more this evening
                    Congrats!

Comment

Heal yeah! Beat the heat, the crowds, and landed some solid fish!

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
                        It's tough. You learn to deal with it but it's not fun. Not when you know several places where a bunch of fish are that you can't fish in that wind. We had a whole lot of SW wind last May and June as well. I remember last spring and early summer being pretty tough as far as the wind goes.
                        If I recall the dates correctly, it started at the end of April haha…I know it was blowing pretty good the day we came down and fished with you. I just told my wife this evening that here in a few weeks we need to hook up and pull the boat over to Matagorda one day, if the winds will ever settle down a little

Comment

Fished this evening with the wife.

It was a grind. Water was HOT!!! Tide was outgoing, clarity was maybe 6-8” and sandy.
                          Millions of little shad and mullet getting busted. Between the 2 of us, we caught maybe 10 dink’s, plus 1 she got around 18”. Lost a few others.

Comment

Put in two hard days in AP/Rockport. I fished all new areas and did a ton of exploring. Water level isn’t great but was able to get around good enough. Found two areas that produced some quality reds.

I did fish a few areas in Estes flats proper today. I saw a bonnet head shark, a big jack craves busting mullet, several nice trout but only one slot red. Strange day on the scooter.

Comment

Me & the Family fished with Capt Glenn in Matagorda today. I believe we had 7 fish in the box. Caught lots of trout an inch or 2 too short. We Had a Great time. Weather was great & for once this year we were complaining of not enough wind to drift at times. LOL! If you are looking for a quality guide, look no further than Glenn. He will work to make your trip great.
                              Thanks Again Glenn! Can't wait for our trip next month!

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                                Me & the Family fished with Capt Glenn in Matagorda today. I believe we had 7 fish in the box. Caught lots of trout an inch or 2 too short. We Had a Great time. Weather was great & for once this year we were complaining of not enough wind to drift at times. LOL! If you are looking for a quality guide, look no further than Glenn. He will work to make your trip great.
                                Thanks Again Glenn! Can't wait for our trip next month!

Thanks for sharing! Sounds like y'all had a great day on the water!

Comment

Working...
                                X