Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
    Picked up a C25 not long after messaging you last year. We’re loving it

Been trying to decide between SeaTow and Boat US…if we hadn’t been able to break the suction and push it to a deeper pocket, I’d have been kicking myself

That ain’t no joke I’m very glad it was a soft bottom
    Good deal, give Justin a call if you go with Towboat, he will take care of you! They have been running non stop since he took it over.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
      Yall are giving me PTSD flashbacks, hard sand bottoms are a mother in a heavy flatbottom boat. I've used that Progressive Sign & Glide or whatever they call it a couple times now.
      This right here ^^^
      Go with the Progressive insurance & it comes with the Sign & Glide, have had to use it with a knocking lower unit on my old sled years ago.

Comment

Dispatcher, I can't believe 2 of you could push it out. I figure I'll stick mine one of these days & it will be an Air Boat or Helicopter extraction. The C25 Mowdy drafts in 10" but will run in less than 5" for a long long way.
        Next time just hit the jackplate & stay in the throttle as Captain Lowery says.
        ( that Mowdy makes water )

Comment

It ain't stuck if two people can push it out.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
            stormsurf.com has the surf looking good starting Friday afternoon through the weekend. It could be time to get your revenge on those surf trout.
            It's time, I will be in the surf Friday afternoon no doubt. This is the weekend we've been waiting for.

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
              Dispatcher, I can't believe 2 of you could push it out. I figure I'll stick mine one of these days & it will be an Air Boat or Helicopter extraction. The C25 Mowdy drafts in 10" but will run in less than 5" for a long long way.
              Next time just hit the jackplate & stay in the throttle as Captain Lowery says.
              ( that Mowdy makes water )
              I ain’t gonna lie, I misjudged the depth when I shut her down. She suctioned to the bottom pretty good, had to fish for quite a while and wait for the tide to rise and get her rocked loose and pushed a ways to a little deeper water I “might” have been able to jump her up short of where we pushed her to, but I’m still learning what she’s capable of. My wife has been razzing me a little to be honest, ever since we picked her up, because I wouldn’t venture out into the flats. Robbie told me I had nothing to worry about, but hearing it and seeing it are 2 different things so I’m trying to learn what I can and can’t do a little at a time, instead of truly getting stuck and having the thought “what the heck was I thinking?” 😂
              Originally posted by justletmein View Post
              It ain't stuck if two people can push it out.
              That’s true but I never said she was stuck said I set her down in a little too shallow of water 😄 I hope I don’t get her stuck any time soon 😂 I don’t want to end up plastered all over social media with the caption “look at this crazy idiot”

Comment

Originally posted by tmurray View Post
                It's time, I will be in the surf Friday afternoon no doubt. This is the weekend we've been waiting for.

We’re going axis hunting Friday and Saturday but I’ll be out there Sunday. Shows to be the calmest day anyhow.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                  We’re going axis hunting Friday and Saturday but I’ll be out there Sunday. Shows to be the calmest day anyhow.
                  Report back. I'm off Monday

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
                    I “might” have been able to jump her up short of where we pushed her to, but I’m still learning what she’s capable of.
                    You did the right thing. You'll be shocked at how fast you can grind down a prop. And when you go to get a new one you'll be shocked again at the current availability and price. I do everything I can to prolong my prop's life at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                      Report back. I'm off Monday

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                      I'm fishing fri-tue so I'll go on and tell you what it'll be. SW@25.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
                        They are rebuilding Rawling's bait camp. It gets flooded everytime we have a gulf storm of any size. A metal building can only stand so many years of saltwater. After last summer's storm they decided to tear it down and start over.

You can buy bait at Harbor Bait and Tackle in Matagorda Harbor or at Wayne's Bait Camp next door to River Bend. Both have had good supplies of live bait all spring and summer.

The harbor bait camp is ever bit of 300 yards out of the way on your way to the beach. I can see how that would be a major hurdle to overcome. Luckily Wayne's is only 100 yards out of the way.
                        Thanks for the bait info. We’re definitely out of our element here but we’ve been staying at the same house for the last 15 years which is right next to Rawlings so we’ve been spoiled. We’ve also been spoiled fishing the lights but it’s been really slow this trip. Normally catch over 100 sand trout a night with some specks mixed in but just catching around 15 this trip. Not sure if it’s the moon or what.

The surf has been rough too but my 16 year old and his friend walked back towards the bay from 3 mile cut and got into some reds. Only managed to catch one but it made his day. Trying to find him when we were ready to leave the beach was another story.

Comment

You did the right thing. You'll be shocked at how fast you can grind down a prop. And when you go to get a new one you'll be shocked again at the current availability and price. I do everything I can to prolong my prop's life at this point.
                          I hear that! And with the expense of fueling 2 trucks to drag the boat and travel trailer down there, filling the boat up a couple times, and 2 trucks back home…the last thing I need to be doing is buying a new prop
                          I'm fishing fri-tue so I'll go on and tell you what it'll be. SW@25.
                          Man, I’ve heard everyone talk about the wind this year…it was kicking the last 4 days. Crazy…I sure would hate to be dealing with it on a daily basis like you guides do

Comment

I think I’m gonna try fishing in the dark in the morning with the heat and moon the way it is

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                              I think I’m gonna try fishing in the dark in the morning with the heat and moon the way it is

Why not?! Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Finally a little wind today. Wife and I fished out of Aransas pass. Caught about 30 small trout and about the same number of hard heads. Finally caught a 21 inch red. A lot of boats at the dock came in empty handed. Don't know if it was low tide, full moon or Putins fault. By the way f j b.

Comment

Working...
                                X