2022 Salty H20 Thread.... Let's go! Part 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
    Justin and I had been talking for a while about getting our boats done in Safefloor. His turned out awesome, got mine back as well today. It's an amazing product.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
    Nice old man!

Comment

Great looking work Shane!

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
        Nice old man!
        Looks great. Thinking about doing mine as well. I have a 21' center console. What is the going rate per SF?

Comment

Originally posted by ateague11 View Post
          Looks great. Thinking about doing mine as well. I have a 21' center console. What is the going rate per SF?

$20

That looking down view makes the floor look even better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well Shane, take 'er out an' get some spotted perch n catfish slime in 'er!! Kind'a surprises me to see those pics... Since you's a lake dweller now, I was expecting to see that 'toon, not that ol' good-fer-nuthin' shaller water tub!

Comment

Does anyone have any tips for catching flounder off the dock (walkway) on the Colorado River where it leads into Matagorda bay? We rent a house there every summer and usually catch sand trout and the occasional speck under the lights but last year I 'accidentally' caught a flounder next to the dock. I'd like to try to target them this year. Live bait or artificial is fine. We'll be there June 13th - 17th.

Comment

Originally posted by brandon View Post
                Does anyone have any tips for catching flounder off the dock (walkway) on the Colorado River where it leads into Matagorda bay? We rent a house there every summer and usually catch sand trout and the occasional speck under the lights but last year I 'accidentally' caught a flounder next to the dock. I'd like to try to target them this year. Live bait or artificial is fine. We'll be there June 13th - 17th.
                Gulp

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks great Shane

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                    Well Shane, take 'er out an' get some spotted perch n catfish slime in 'er!! Kind'a surprises me to see those pics... Since you's a lake dweller now, I was expecting to see that 'toon, not that ol' good-fer-nuthin' shaller water tub!
                    Lmao! You crack me up! And I hate to say it but you kinda hit the nail on the head

Comment

Originally posted by brandon View Post
                      As said above, Berkley Gulp. More specifically the white 4" curl tail is what I catch them on the most. It must be on the bottom, they don't come up after it very far usually. If you go with live bait, a Carolina rig with a 1/2oz slip sinker works great. If you can get mud minnows they're probably the best bait for a flounder. Shrimp would be second best.
                      A speck rig dragged along the bottom will also get it done. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by ateague11 View Post
                        I am headed down to the Rockport area this weekend to target reds and trout and was thinking about taking my live scope. Has anyone ever tried using it to target fish in the bay?
                        I think it would work at the jetties and maybe the gas wells in CC Bay. Maybe copano reefs. Up on the flats I don’t know what it would do for you.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
                          As said above, Berkley Gulp. More specifically the white 4" curl tail is what I catch them on the most. It must be on the bottom, they don't come up after it very far usually. If you go with live bait, a Carolina rig with a 1/2oz slip sinker works great. If you can get mud minnows they're probably the best bait for a flounder. Shrimp would be second best.
                          Good advice. Crappie jigs tipped with dead shrimp also.

Comment

As said above, Berkley Gulp. More specifically the white 4" curl tail is what I catch them on the most. It must be on the bottom, they don't come up after it very far usually.
                            Similar results. We have done well on 4” Gulp white shrimp and I have to think the curl tail even be better

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                              Lmao! You crack me up! And I hate to say it but you kinda hit the nail on the head

Hey man, you can wade fish T-Bend... but watch for gators... kind'a like Matagorta...

Comment

Appreciate the advice! The one I caught last year was on a speck rig that I let get too low when I was reeling back in. I'll give the gulp a try this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X