New Mason County Property- 4JK Ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Mason County Property- 4JK Ranch

Thought I’d provide an update of the progress of the new ranch. Slowly but surely she’s coming together.

First off we have done some renovations inside the cabin. It is far from finished but progress is being made. So far the walls have been painted, new laminate planks installed, new window unit, and new (used) appliance for the kitchen. Still to go: update bathroom, new blinds, replace rotten areas on plywood, cover with siding, extend porch, new roofing that will extend to cover the porch. Then we are going to do an 24 x 16 addition on the back of the cabin to add two simple bedrooms. Here are a couple pictures of the cabin interior so far (nothing fancy but it works). This cabin was rough but we are going to make it a decent place to stay until we build in the area with the nice hill country view.

I had electricity ran to the barn with outlets, overhead lights, outside lights and outlets. Also had a 50a outlet at the second pole if some ever wanted to plug in their camper.

We also have had all of the dead trees, limbs, and brush piled up in a lot of piles. I feel like I am going to be burning for years but the property is going to look amazing. My pictures don’t do it justice.

When the guys finished up with the brush they are working on the biggest tank on the property. It’s around 3/4 acre. They dug out a couple “islands” and were able to find a lot of good clay to spread out in hopes it will hold water good. We are also running 500’ of pvc from my 100GPM well to the tank to supplement water supply. Water should start flowing on Monday.

We also got three feeder locations setup. Still need to move my blinds from East Texas lease. Two locations have corn and 600# timed Protien. Other is just corn.

“The Meadow”

“Creek Stand”

“Green Feeder”. (Needs a new name”

Sorry for the long update. I should have done this more often. We will be other there over the boys spring break in a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by RJK70; 03-05-2022, 01:04 PM.

Comment

That’s awesome progress Ricky. Looks like home away from home. The only problem I see is only 1 hog. You should’ve taken about 100 from the deer lease. If you’d like I can bring em to ya.

Comment

Great looking place!! Dream of mine you’re living right there!! That 10 should be a hammer this season!

Comment

Congratulations, that’s a nice set up. I love that area of Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
            That’s awesome progress Ricky. Looks like home away from home. The only problem I see is only 1 hog. You should’ve taken about 100 from the deer lease. If you’d like I can bring em to ya.

Thank you, Sir!

You can keep the hogs! I’ve only seen a couple at my place and hope it stays that way.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
              Great looking place!! Dream of mine you’re living right there!! That 10 should be a hammer this season!

Thank you!

I’m hoping he hits the protein in the off-season.

Comment

Originally posted by Bort View Post
                Congratulations, that’s a nice set up. I love that area of Texas.

Appreciate it, we love it too. Took a long time to finally find the right place for us.

Comment

Just got home from a few days at the ranch over spring break so thought I’d give an update.

First off I got my well connected and ran pvc to the pond. I filled it for 2.5 days. It needs another few days to fill but I shut it off when we left. Hopefully the rains will come but I feel confident I can keep it full with this setup.

Also the land clearing is done and it looks awesome. I have a LOT of pile burning in my future. Haha

We are slowly making progress on the cabin. Still very rough on the outside but inside is pretty nice now.

Pond- Empty

Progress over the trip.

Family sunset pictures

Until we can build a Barndo with wrap around porches this setup will have to do.

Comment

Dude your living the dream. Those boys are gonna have a blast out there.

Comment

Originally posted by RJK70 View Post
                      Just got home from a few days at the ranch over spring break so thought I’d give an update.

First off I got my well connected and ran pvc to the pond. I filled it for 2.5 days. It needs another few days to fill but I shut it off when we left. Hopefully the rains will come but I feel confident I can keep it full with this setup.

Also the land clearing is done and it looks awesome. I have a LOT of pile burning in my future. Haha

We are slowly making progress on the cabin. Still very rough on the outside but inside is pretty nice now.

Pond- Empty

Progress over the trip.

Family sunset pictures

Until we can build a Barndo with wrap around porches this setup will have to do.

Where are you at in Mason. We moved to our place in Llano permanently in Dec. our cousins daughter lives in Mason and we go there to eat lunch with her sometimes. Holler sometime and we can meet up for dinner.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                        Dude your living the dream. Those boys are gonna have a blast out there.

Yes sir, they love it!

Comment

Originally posted by Firefyter View Post
                          Where are you at in Mason. We moved to our place in Llano permanently in Dec. our cousins daughter lives in Mason and we go there to eat lunch with her sometimes. Holler sometime and we can meet up for dinner.

We are NE of Mason going toward Fredonia.

Meeting for dinner some time sounds good.

Comment

I found your thread. Looks so awesome. Congrats and I am sure there will be some great memories made there! Enjoy!

Comment

Great looking place! Let us know when you are ready to get those fish started.

Comment

Originally posted by geauxgary View Post
                                I found your thread. Looks so awesome. Congrats and I am sure there will be some great memories made there! Enjoy!
                                Yes sir and thank you!!

Comment

Working...
                                X