Let's talk tractors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
    Better look into your first statement. There was a study done several years ago. I believe Kubota even admitted it. Kubota had bar none the highest aftermarket parts of all the tractor manufacturers.

IDK how they did it. I guess they picked equivalent tractors and then same parts per brands and compared them. Also i know of several people that have had their kubotas down for months due to no parts available.
    2 of those where hay guys. Guess what they did when parts arrived they sold them and bought JD. They said they didnt care how much money it was being down for months during hay season cost them more than any part was worth.

bought two parts the other day at my local dealer. 1 was in stock, the other arrived next day. Prices were pretty reasonable. Just my experience here.

Hope they didn't buy JD recently, they just came off a lengthy strike which settled but who knows how long the backlog on repairs and parts will take to clear up...

Comment

I bought 4 slip clutch plates for a JD shredder last week from a parts place in town. $33 for 4 plates total.
      United Ag (John Deere) in town wanted $48 a piece for the same exact plates.

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
        bought two parts the other day at my local dealer. 1 was in stock, the other arrived next day. Prices were pretty reasonable. Just my experience here.

Hope they didn't buy JD recently, they just came off a lengthy strike which settled but who knows how long the backlog on repairs and parts will take to clear up...
        AC parts where a big problem with Kubota last summer and prior.

Parts arent that big of a deal. Just ordered a retro kit for one of our 81 model JD yesterday arrived next day from Dallas. It was an oddball to.

I cant do that with the Cases i have. Its a crap shoot nowdays but JD will usually have parts somewhere within a few days. Caterpillar is same way.

Cost doesnt matter so much when you can get it in a day or 2 vs being down weeks or months.

Comment

Originally posted by AWnNETX View Post
          I bought 4 slip clutch plates for a JD shredder last week from a parts place in town. $33 for 4 plates total.
          United Ag (John Deere) in town wanted $48 a piece for the same exact plates.
          Thats the difference in aftermarket parts vs OEM. Thats same with just about anything. Ford, Chevy, Dodge, Kubota, JD, Caterpillar, Polaris, Yamaha etc.

The beauty in JD is they have such a large following there are alot of aftermarket MFGs out there making parts. Same with Caterpillar. This is especailly true when you get into the older equipment out there.

Trust me if you start running a fleet of equipment and have stuff from the 60s to 2021 models. JD and Cat are superior on parts. Because they all break and they all will need a part of some kind at some point.

When you start getting into Case, Kubota, Allis Chalmers, Massey etc. 80s model equipment and back starts getting hard to find parts for. You start having to call around the country buying from salvage yards....it sucks.

Comment

Had a JD 4440 for years and grew up on that tractor. Bought a new JD 6130m and it’s perfect for what I do . Dealer location is also very important and should be part of the decision process.JD, Kubota, and Case would be top on my list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170408_151828_Original.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	180.3 KB
ID:	24670507

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                I love the 6603 tractors they are bulletproof, hard to find also in great condition. Here’s a pic, they are around 100hp. Paid 27,500.00 for this one
                I bought one new. It has been a piece of crap. I own orange, blue and green. I’d never ever buy an under 100 hp green again.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                  I bought one new. It has been a piece of crap. I own orange, blue and green. I’d never ever buy an under 100 hp green again.
                  The black frame JDs where not great either. I think those 6400 6300 6403 etc where hit and miss.

Comment

I see you edited that first line
                    I changed it before i even saw your post didnt want to seem like a smart azz. I wish i could find the report. Ill be honest i was shocked. I would have thought JD would have been the top. They said alot of it had to do with transportation cost since Kubota is primarily japan. Irregardless there is a reason JD is still at the top. as much as people dont want to admit it domestically.

Other problem is how often do you go buy the same exact parts for your JD as your kubota. To get an honest comparison. to me it seemed impossible to really compare?
                    Last edited by dclifton; 12-09-2021, 11:13 AM.

Comment

I have a JD 5083 83 hp pre def w 850 hrs & have not had a single problem.

Comment

I buy all John Deere’s for tractors and CAT’s for equipment, you pay more up front and the parts are more expensive when you need them but I’ve never been down for any length of time and they will come fix them on site most of the time. IMO it comes down to how much your times worth when something does go wrong, if your ok buying cheaper equipment and your ok waiting around weeks to get it fixed then they probably aren’t for you. My last 135 hp Kubota was in the shop almost 4 weeks for a simple repair and I washed my hands with them. Theirs a reason Kubota doesn’t make big farming tractors, thr support sucks.

Comment

I bought green and glad I did. My neighbor has had to borrow my Deere twice to finish a job he'd started with his orange poc... Just my experience... Also 100+ HP JD's are USA made... 100 HP+ Kubotas are imports... Small tractors are opposite... Small Kubotas are USA Made, and are a superior product line to the small Deere's IMHO...

Comment

Well, my homework comes in the hayfield every year as well. Many hours of it. My family have Kubota rigs and both JD tractors as well as skid loader. I’ll be happy to show you piles of Ag receipts for parts and service (Father in law and I do most of the service ourselves so it’s mainly parts receipts) and you can do the math yourself.
                            So how are you comparing them? How often are you buying the same parts?

Service rate cant be compared as every shop thats owned by a different company has a different hourly rate.

Comment

I bought a Kubota M4 75 hp tractor 4x4 2 years ago and it has been a great tractor. It has a large cab, laid out really well and easy to operate. My BIL just bought the same tractor last summer. We've had no problems with either tractor. I had a Case before this and had a few issues but nothing major. Our case dealer sold out in our market was the biggest reason I looked at other brands.
                              Looked at JD, but the dealer in our area does not have a good reputation for taking care of the tractor after the sale.
                              Good luck on your purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by Kong View Post
                                I buy all John Deere’s for tractors and CAT’s for equipment, you pay more up front and the parts are more expensive when you need them but I’ve never been down for any length of time and they will come fix them on site most of the time. IMO it comes down to how much your times worth when something does go wrong, if your ok buying cheaper equipment and your ok waiting around weeks to get it fixed then they probably aren’t for you. My last 135 hp Kubota was in the shop almost 4 weeks for a simple repair and I washed my hands with them. Theirs a reason Kubota doesn’t make big farming tractors, thr support sucks.
                                Hmm im not the only one...

Comment

Working...
                                X