No announcement yet.

Let's talk tractors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck finding one to take a look at. Dealers are empty right now. I just purchased a 58 hp Bobcat (Kioti) and really like it so far, but its my first tractor and I have nothing to compare it too. I went with Bobcat because I see their skid steers at every construction site and run by contractors everywhere. Dealers are easy to come by in my area and they were cheaper than comparable tractors.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

OP.....search high and low for a good used one without DEF, and don't be scared to pay a little more for it.

I come from a Red family.
      Our newest tractor is a Farmall 90C. When it is running, it's a nice rig. But the DEF has shut us down so many times it isn't funny. I'm talking first bale out of the baler, and go into limp mode........suprised nobody within 5 miles heard the cussing that day.

The last time it layed down on us we had to use a cable & snatch block to suck it up on the trailer and haul it 1 hour to the dealer. Took longer to haul it there than it took them to fix it! Such a PIA.

If anyone knows a good mechanic that knows how to delete these tractors, please PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
        I would look at best dealer support, other than that all the same in my book although I would lean Kubota
        This is basically the only thing to consider. Who is closest? If there isn't a big difference like for me, John Deere and Case are the same distance. Go with the better deal.

Comment

Deere has best resale, dealer support, financing, and insurance. Owned a couple of Mahindra but newest is a Deere because of the above. Beware of hidde fees and factor this into decision. We paid asking price for Deere, no BS, others had a ton of BS.

Comment

John Deere or MF in a 100hp. For MF I like the tractor but dealers aren't real common.

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
              Premium 7230 pre def IVT transmission 130hp, my favorite tractor
              If you have the coin this is a 7230 is a great tractor... I would guess a used in good shape low hour will be around $80K.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                If you have the coin this is a 7230 is a great tractor... I would guess a used in good shape low hour will be around $80K.
                Heck ive bee seeing them under 3K hrs more like the 100K range. Its stupid.

Comment

Deere is at the tope period. People can say what they want but they are superior period. Sure they all have had bad models. But across the board deere is just a notch above the rest it just about every way.

Kubota is 2nd.

Then the rest are all just about the same so take ur pic on which one has dealer support closest at that point.

Comment

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
                    Heck ive bee seeing them under 3K hrs more like the 100K range. Its stupid.
                    There is a really nice 7130 in an estate auction by me this weekend, 2800 hours I think.

Comment

Kubota all day. JD parts are ridiculously high priced. Mahindra is a stout rig if it’s the all steel body model with manual gear shift. Their hydro and shuttle shift models are not as user friendly as the Kubota in my opinion, but that is just an opinion. Have a neighbor with a Kioti. He has had a ton of trouble getting warranty work done on the transmission with his and has not been pleased. Father in law bought a new 100HP NewHolland a couple years ago. Very stout rig but very hard to see FEL out of cab and hydraulics on FEL are not as user friendly as Kubota, but also just one mans opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                        Just bought 3 John Deere tractors for the farm a 7230 premium, 6603, 6403. I love the 6603 tractors they are bulletproof, hard to find also in great condition. Here’s a pic, they are around 100hp. Paid 27,500.00 for this one
                        Those where such weird model tractors. New model cab old model body.

Comment

Originally posted by AWnNETX View Post
                          Kubota all day. JD parts are ridiculously high priced. Mahindra is a stout rig if it’s the all steel body model with manual gear shift. Their hydro and shuttle shift models are not as user friendly as the Kubota in my opinion, but that is just an opinion. Have a neighbor with a Kioti. He has had a ton of trouble getting warranty work done on the transmission with his and has not been pleased. Father in law bought a new 100HP NewHolland a couple years ago. Very stout rig but very hard to see FEL out of cab and hydraulics on FEL are not as user friendly as Kubota, but also just one mans opinion.
                          Better look into your first statement. There was a study done several years ago. I believe Kubota even admitted it. Kubota had bar none the highest aftermarket parts of all the tractor manufacturers.

IDK how they did it. I guess they picked equivalent tractors and then same parts per brands and compared them. Also i know of several people that have had their kubotas down for months due to no parts available.
                          2 of those where hay guys. Guess what they did when parts arrived they sold them and bought JD. They said they didnt care how much money it was being down for months during hay season cost them more than any part was worth.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                            There is a really nice 7130 in an estate auction by me this weekend, 2800 hours I think.

https://www.proxibid.com/Bob-Mitchel...ampaign=213048
                            I wish i had extra time to kill. There are some good estate sales up yalls way. We dont have squat down here.

Comment

Better look into your first statement. There was a study done several years ago. I believe Kubota even admitted it. Kubota had bar none the highest aftermarket parts of all the tractor manufacturers.

IDK how they did it. I guess they picked equivalent tractors and then same parts per brands and compared them. Also i know of several people that have had their kubotas down for months due to no parts available.
                              2 of those where hay guys. Guess what they did when parts arrived they sold them and bought JD. They said they didnt care how much money it was being down for months during hay season cost them more than any part was worth.
                              Well, my homework comes in the hayfield every year as well. Many hours of it. My family have Kubota rigs and both JD tractors as well as skid loader. I’ll be happy to show you piles of Ag receipts for parts and service (Father in law and I do most of the service ourselves so it’s mainly parts receipts) and you can do the math yourself.

Comment

I see you edited that first line

Comment

Working...
                                X