No announcement yet.

Whats your career??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Telecom Engineer. 4G/5G Infrastructure. Do it all, test, integration, design....etc. Dont know anything about phones or the radios, just the brains of the system.
    Has been good to me, but am ready for doing landscape work or working at home depot garden section.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
      Custodial engineer.

I think you misspelled professional bull****er[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Power Plant operator, I just started here 2 months ago. It’s a city entity with good benefits and retirement.

Comment

Process Operator at a LDPE plastics unit. Been in operations for 14 years. Wish I was back in distillation.

Comment

Process operator at a refinery. Before that spent a few years running up and down the Mississippi River working for a towboat company. Didn’t ride the boats but met them at various towns along the River delivering supplies and crew swaps. Before that spent 20 years and retired from the U.S. Coast Guard.

Comment

Business Development Manager for H-E-B.

Comment

I’ve been in public service for the last 14 years. It’s user has changed over the last 5-6 years and honestly glad I’m at the medical examiners office now (they don’t talk back). A buddy and I were talking the other day if we had to start from scratch where would end up. Both of us either said welding or HVAC. Both careers seem very labor intensive and Not really knowing much about either these were our reason
                Welding: even during the pandemic, welders were still working, there appears to be many jobs in commercial and private sectors. I know our local welder near our farm stays busy and makes good money working for oil and gas and when he’s off he’s doing stuff around town for all the farmers.

HVAC. Even during the pandemic they were still working. I may be totally off on my thinking but I feel if you were to get into it right now and learn progress through the certificates. In the next 8-15 years when all these new homes and buildings units start going out you will have just the enough experience to have seen alot, not everything but the potential is there for a great 10-15 years of steady work.

Diesel mechanic also came up as there should always be Diesel engines to work on.

Thank you for your service hope you get it all figured out.

Comment

Fisherman

Comment

T.V.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy M View Post
                      Business Development Manager for H-E-B.
                      Can you get them to stop making the in-house flour tortillas? They are slowly killing me.

Comment

Project Manager - Comanche Peak Nuclear Power Plant
                        Owner - Cannon Pits and Fabrication

Comment

Got into pipeline in my early twenties. Worked for a good company, got moved around a couple of times. Eventually went to a plant operator Role. Life got the better of me and I decided to move and take another operator job. Still doing plant operations. Admittedly I want to get out, the shift schedule is just starting to wear on me and I have a little one on the way. The money is good but not everyone’s built for it. I got a lot of respect for guys that make a full career of operations and don’t lose it.

Comment

Machinist for 45 years.

Comment

Engineering Tech for the last 42 years, like any other job, it's had it's ups and downs, but it's a great company I work for. I plan on putting in another 4 or so years, then I'm going to retire and be a full time lazy azz husband. I have some grandkids that need spoiling.

Comment

Been working for the same company since I got out of collage in 2011. We manufacture electrical transformers. The first 5 years my job title was Mechanical Engineer Tech. Designing the mechanical side of the transformer and taking on a few special projects. Now my job title is Project Engineer. I design and build all of the special projects around the shop and work with all the contractors to get different projects done. It has its ups and downs of course and some times is more stressful then it should be. Started out that most days I would work 8-5, now it just varies with most of the days are usually 9 or 11 hour days and almost always working holidays. I have made good relationships with several vendors and construction contractors though.

About the middle of last year I decided to get my FFL and opened my own buisness at the beginning of 2021 for gunsmithing and firearm sales. I haven't started advertising, just been doing business by word of mouth and passing out business cards. I will eventually work this into being my full time focus.

I hope you find something that you really enjoy.

Comment

Working...
                                X