No announcement yet.

Toyota Tacoma Lovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 99 Tacoma is the 4 cylinder and 4 wheel drive. It won’t pull anything and I don’t need it to. It is a rough ride. It has no technology but every time I put the key in it it starts. The 4x4 is great and I use it during deer season. The best part…it’s paid for and costs me little to operate. With one kid in college and another one starting in the fall, I’ll keep driving that old Tacoma

Comment

Bought my son a 2021 crew cab Tacoma TRD 4x4. It has the v6 in it. I think it rides pretty good for a small 4x4 truck and has plenty of power. It never downshifts on me when i drive it 70-80mph on the highway (and he added a 4" lift with 33" tires). My truck was in the shop a few weeks ago and i used his to pull my 21' bass boat with it. It pulled it just fine at 65-70mph down the highway (but not as good as my truck). I was pretty surprised how well it did.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
        But it would still be a nissan
        Nissan has made some drastic changes with the frontier and will nibble away at the market share. I have owned 3 Toyota trucks and 0 nissans so I don’t have brand loyalty toward them.

Just like Kia, car companies change. Nissan has made some steps in the right direction with the frontier. Before you comment back, spend some time doing some actually research

Comment

I have a 2005 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II with the 4.10 rear end and 4.0 liter engine. This makes my third one, had a '96 and '04 as well. I found the latest with only 41 K on it and use it for my run around truck. If I am going to hunt vast open terrain, I will use it as it's so much easier to hide than one of the F-150's. You can put 200-300 K on them and parts are easy to find. Lots of advantages in the smaller pickups when hunting extremely rugged terrain such as the Navajo Nation where roads are optional.
          All makes are good when they are new and if they stay on the highway, should last a long time.
          Adios,
          Gary

Comment

Originally posted by jaspermac View Post
            Nissan has made some drastic changes with the frontier and will nibble away at the market share. I have owned 3 Toyota trucks and 0 nissans so I don’t have brand loyalty toward them.

Just like Kia, car companies change. Nissan has made some steps in the right direction with the frontier. Before you comment back, spend some time doing some actually research
            I spent 2 days a week for 8 years working a wholesale car auction. The single comment I remember over all that is

"Nissan cant even sell Nissan"

Meanwhile, toyota of any shape or model always sell. Tacoma at the top of the list. Thats real life research. Not something someone was paid to write

Comment

Lol at everyone that likes them [emoji1787] "Yeah its an uncomfortable pos but it offroads well and lasts a long time. Who needs to go 70 mph anyway?"

No idea how it stacks up to the competition in the small truck segment. But having driven one for a few days I am not a fan.

Lots of dependable vehicles and proven engine platforms out there. No need to suffer the loud, harsh ride, cramped interior, and 0-60 in 5 minutes flat acceleration.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Comment

Wanna laugh...The ranch truck I have been using is a 93 tacoma powered by propane. My friend took a crate engine and started it fresh being powered by propane. Using fork lift tanks with the AC on. 5 speed. One gets about 88miles per tank. No AC just over 100 miles. Its the old style with manual hubs, PITA but only turning hubs when haulin deer/hogs so, happy time erases the PITA, and gets to just about get to 80mph full throttle...all good until a 18 wheeler gets behind you on 10 and you got nothing left But as far the handling and the truck itself...Still going strong. Fun to drive. Hard to be toyotas.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by BuckSmasher View Post
                  Lol at everyone that likes them [emoji1787] "Yeah its an uncomfortable pos but it offroads well and lasts a long time. Who needs to go 70 mph anyway?"

No idea how it stacks up to the competition in the small truck segment. But having driven one for a few days I am not a fan.

Lots of dependable vehicles and proven engine platforms out there. No need to suffer the loud, harsh ride, cramped interior, and 0-60 in 5 minutes flat acceleration.

I haven’t figured out yet if you like these Tacomas or not yet with your descriptions in this thread. You need to be a little more descriptive in your evaluation.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckSmasher View Post

Not to be rude sir but,,,,,our Tacoma is not rough riding at all, it does what we need it to do. Drive what you want, nobody is asking you to be a fan. It’s a very comfortable truck.

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
                      I haven’t figured out yet if you like these Tacomas or not yet with your descriptions in this thread. You need to be a little more descriptive in your evaluation.
                      Some people just have to go on and on and complain. Carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by ladybluearm View Post
                        Some people just have to go on and on and complain. Carry on.
                        You have twice as many posts on this thread than him…

Comment

Originally posted by BlackoutRam2500 View Post
                          I think it's all hype and fanboy driven. Like Apple products and xbox.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
                          Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                          In the world of brand loyalty, Toyota has the most rabid base there is.
                          Fo real. [emoji1787]

Blind brand loyalty always seemed stupid to me. Not knocking 'Yotas in general Karens calm down.

Reputation for reliability obviously sells these trucks. Maybe good offroad capability as well. Not even subjective that it is loud, slow, and rough.

Comment

Dude I find the ride just fine, not rough what so ever. Space, yes I could ,more space at times, but I have a Ford F-350 crew cab for that. That said I drove my Toyota 99% of the time. Loved how it drove, looking forward to a new one. They have to ride smoother, and quieter then an 81 Toyota. I would sell my f350 in a heart beat if Toyota made an 8 foot bed.
                            Last edited by critter69; 12-08-2021, 05:43 PM.

Comment

I will say my moms 2017 is louder in the cab than my 2006. The 2006 rides better but also has bilstiens all the way around its also 4x4 where hers isnt.

Comment

I also had a 4X4 CC as a rental in Houston last month. After driving it for almost 3 weeks I came away with many of the same thoughts as the OP. Well made and indestructible were not included in those thoughts.

Comment

Working...
                                X