Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 College Football - Bowl Season (For Most)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    So Fisher is doing less with more? [emoji23][emoji23]

Carve carve carve..
    How in the world do you draw that conclusion? Look I get that you are bias and don't really care for a rational or meaningful conversation. Essentially this is the zoo or twitter verse of idiots around here but you can't honestly think Jimbo has done less with more. I could spend 20 minutes breaking it down but frankly I have better things to do than waste on a troll post.

I guess we will see if Jimbo is coaching longer than Sark after Dark and who has the most success. With NIL and transfers it shouldn't take long for a school like Texas to win big. No slow rebuild and looking at past recruiting classes Sark must be worse than Herman. I dont think Herman lost to Kansas or went 5-7 but maybe he did, I dont pay attention to tu or the big 12

Comment

I remember watching Mack Brown scoop up number one class after number one class but never win a conference championship year after year. Get his *** handed to him by Stoops and OU. Ags use to call him Mr. February and butter tooth and discount his game day coaching ability. Claim our next coaching hire was better or that the players we were getting wanted to be Ags and well be delusional as fans. It is nice to see that look from the other side of things at this time.

Because all that talent kept leading to wins until finally they had a player like VY get them over the hump and not be denied. Mack did less with more talent every year but he did finally break through and win a NC and (2) ? conference championships after a decade of top 5 recruiting classes and several number 1s. He led Texas to the best decade in their history minus maybe the 60s, early 70s run.

I don't know that Jimbo will have the Ags win a NC but it sure is good being on this side of things and getting top players. It helps the belief that it can happen when you have a coach that has already won a NC. Now the Ags just need that QB because the roster is there on O and D to win it all. If Jimbo does fail, at least the new coach will be walking into a talented roster ready to win.
      Last edited by Beargrasstx; 12-21-2021, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Beargrasstx View Post
        I remember watching Mack Brown scoop up number one class after number one class but never win a conference championship year after year. Get his *** handed to him by Stoops and OU. Ags use to call him Mr. February and butter tooth and discount his game day coaching ability. Claim our next coaching hire was better or that the players we were getting wanted to be Ags and well be delusional as fans. It is nice to see that look from the other side of things at this time.

Because all that talent kept leading to wins until finally they had a player like VY get them over the hump and not be denied. Mack did less with more talent every year but he did finally break through and win a NC and (2) ? conference championships after a decade of top 5 recruiting classes and several number 1s. He led Texas to the best decade in their history minus maybe the 60s, early 70s run.

I don't know that Jimbo will have the Ags win a NC but it sure is good being on this side of things and getting top players. It helps the belief that it can happen when you have a coach that has already won a NC. Now the Ags just need that QB because the roster is there on O and D to win it all. If Jimbo does fail, at least the new coach will be walking into a talented roster ready to win.
        Mack only had two #1 classes and he won a National Championship with one of them. Mack's average class was around 6.5 in the country.

Texas / Mack was hurt by OU being **** good at the same time and in the same division. In today's world, Texas would have been in the playoff a bunch during those times and had another shot at OU and National Championships. The problem was Texas lost to OU and it cost them the South Division Title, the Big 12 Title, and the National Title all in one Saturday.
        Last edited by Heath; 12-21-2021, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
          Mack only had two #1 classes and he won a National Championship with one of them. Mack's average class was around 6.5 in the country.

Texas / Mack was hurt by OU being **** good at the same time and in the same division. In today's world, Texas would have been in the playoff a bunch during those times and had another shot at OU and National Championships. The problem was Texas lost to OU and it cost them the South Division Title, the Big 12 Title, and the National Title all in one Saturday.
          I thought it was only one.

He also had the 6 year run I eluded to earlier.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post

He’s at #8 now with NC.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
              I thought it was only one.

He also had the 6 year run I eluded to earlier.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
              1999 and 2002 were #1 classes.

Comment

BV just flipped a Clemson commit. He’s pretty fast.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                  BV just flipped a Clemson commit. He’s pretty fast.
                  Who is BV?

Comment

Never mind. Googled it. Don’t follow OU much. Didn’t realize he was the new coach.

Comment

I dont pay attention to tu or the big 12

You sure?....They are all you talk about and compare to..

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
                        Never mind. Googled it. Don’t follow OU much. Didn’t realize he was the new coach.
                        He's not on texags is why you didn't know

Comment

Not true, only time I jump in is when you are spreading misleading info. Otherwise, I don't care about ou or tu. However, I will defend the ags

Comment

Not true, only time I jump in is when you are spreading misleading info. Otherwise, I don't care about ou or tu. However, I will defend the ags

Hahahaha...so you are stalking me?

Misleading is an opinion and a biased one at that.

Comment

Amen

Comment

Traylor on tonite . . Audition for tu . .

Comment

Working...
                                X