Any one hunting mule deer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CrownKiller14 View Post
    Saw this stud in NM during late archery.

He spotted us just as we spotted him only to disappear, weren't able to ever find him again. Heck we were just happy to see him considering we were hunting a very low density unit.
    Funny I missed a very similar buck two weeks ago in NM. Big 4x3. Heart breaker. Arrow hit my heads up decoys(bottom tie came loose) and It went 5’ to the right of him at 43 yards, then to add even more insult to injury I caught a limb on my second shot that I never saw. Not the way I wanted to close out my season.
    Last edited by Texans42; 01-19-2022, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
      Out of bosque?

I saw some studs on the Hill fence line at dark and 30” wide on XTO but on property I had hell, but it was hot and deer just where not moving
      No sir. I was about 8-10 miles due north of the bosque. Yea the heat sucked.

Comment

Congrats to all

Comment

Originally posted by RutnBuk View Post
          No sir. I was about 8-10 miles due north of the bosque. Yea the heat sucked.
          I was really hoping you killed a stud out if there!! I needed some redemption!!

Congrats that area in general has great genetics

Comment

I was really hoping you killed a stud out if there!! I needed some redemption!!

Congrats that area in general has great genetics
            Lol. Ive never had enough points to get in there for deer. My place just north of there takes only 1 point to get a tag. Sometimes 0 if your lucky. Ive thought about going there for elk though. Im sitting on 23 elk points right now.

Comment

Originally posted by RutnBuk View Post
              Lol. Ive never had enough points to get in there for deer. My place just north of there takes only 1 point to get a tag. Sometimes 0 if your lucky. Ive thought about going there for elk though. Im sitting on 23 elk points right now.
              If you are interested in knowing all I know PM me and I’ll give you my number. I’ll give you good bad and ugly.

I drew the Mule deer tag on accident as I was using it for PP allocation, I almost turned it back in but I was in no manes land with 10 so thought oh well. 2nd rifle NR elk took 22pts this year. I helped the guy that drew it pack out his bull.

Comment

If you are interested in knowing all I know PM me and I’ll give you my number. I’ll give you good bad and ugly.

I drew the Mule deer tag on accident as I was using it for PP allocation, I almost turned it back in but I was in no manes land with 10 so thought oh well. 2nd rifle NR elk took 22pts this year. I helped the guy that drew it pack out his bull.
                I really appreciate that. I’ll send u a pm.

Comment

Great Thread, love some Big Muleys

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
                    Great Thread, love some Big Muleys
                    X2, and congratulations on these deer.

Comment

The place we stayed at in Angelfire last weekend was full of mulies. Fun to watch them come by every morning and the bottom buck was bigger than the one a shot this year in SD. Lol

Comment

New Mexico buck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
                          Wyoming private land.

What an old giant. This looks fun.

Comment

Great mulies and thread. Need to put this on my list.

Comment

Same this is awesome - dreams

Comment

Mystery hunter

My buddy sent me this picture, this is a whopper for our area of Texas nearby Marfa.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X