Any one hunting mule deer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Outback View Post
    Went with an outfitter a few weeks ago. Combo elk and mule deer in southwest Colorado west of Trinidad. Killed the elk on my birthday and the mule deer two days prior.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    STUD Muley

Comment

Hey Outback
      What outfitter did you use? Unit 85? Same area I was in.

Comment

I went with Larry Zapanti C Bar Z Outfitters. I have hunted pronghorn twice and turkey. Larry is good people and works his tail off to get you an animal. PM if you want details or to chat. Larry's cell is (719) 680-1588.

Comment

I think it was unit 85. 10 miles or so west of Trinidad off 12.

Comment

I have hunted this area on a ranching for wildlife permit , it’s definitely worth a look at hunting this area

Comment

Great pics and thread.

Comment

Our group went 4/5 in the southwest panhandle, with me being the one that didn’t tag out. It was tough hunting with the warm weather. Heres one that my wife harvested thanksgiving morning.
                Attached Files

Comment

Buddy of mine got this Texas Muley last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We were very close. I was about 15 miles west of trinidad off hwy 12 and about 10 miles north of it.

Comment

Went with an outfitter a few weeks ago. Combo elk and mule deer in southwest Colorado west of Trinidad. Killed the elk on my birthday and the mule deer two days prior.

I hunted not to far from there 2nd season on BDO SWA. I saw some stud bulls(350+) but only found two mature Bucks and I killed one.

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
                        I hunted not to far from there 2nd season on BDO SWA. I saw some stud bulls(350+) but only found two mature Bucks and I killed one.
                        Some big bulls in there. Pics of buck?

Comment

Originally posted by RutnBuk View Post
                          Some big bulls in there. Pics of buck?
                          Day 6 buck mid 50’s. Hindsight I would only put in 4th season for deer. I saw tons of 1-3 year olds. I saw one other buck taken by a young lady just out side of camp. Post prime buck in 60’s.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Texans42; 01-19-2022, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Nice. Congrats. I went third season this year because it was the latest start to third season ever. I expected really cold weather and bucks to be rutting. Neither of those came true. Still had a good hunt but not what I was hoping for. With that said, I did get a 190"+ typical. My buddy got a 170 as well.

Comment

Originally posted by RutnBuk View Post
                              Nice. Congrats. I went third season this year because it was the latest start to third season ever. I expected really cold weather and bucks to be rutting. Neither of those came true. Still had a good hunt but not what I was hoping for. With that said, I did get a 190"+ typical. My buddy got a 170 as well.
                              Out of bosque?

I saw some studs on the Hill fence line at dark and 30” wide on XTO but on property I had hell, but it was hot and deer just where not moving

Comment

Saw this stud in NM during late archery.

He spotted us just as we spotted him only to disappear, weren't able to ever find him again. Heck we were just happy to see him considering we were hunting a very low density unit.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X