• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol bet he spells it boodan!

Comment

Wow

Comment

****, that’s funny! Used car lots in his future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Roll Tide

Comment

I wonder if I'm the only one who suspects that NIL related alumni structures will merely result in the same pool of schools getting the same pool of recruits for more money. I seriously doubt that in the next 5 to 10 years we're gonna see any new names in top 10 (15, or whatever) recruiting classes.

I suspect those schools that aren't in that upper echelon of recruiting will only have to compete with their lower echelon peers for "second tier" recruits and, perhaps, maintain a war chest for the occasional "overlooked" recruit that emerges at the college level.

In other words, status quo recruiting wise, higher price to play the high end recruiting game and reduced public interest as outrageous deals are broadcasted. In spite of the various alumni plans, I believe only the football players and recruits will benefit from NIL on a pure short term economic basis (ie not factoring in ruined lives for too much money, too soon).

In a word, more of the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
              Well, you have a KU, so you tell me.
              I happen to like it.

Rock Chalk *****.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Haha that’s painful to watch.

Comment

Great troll job by someone.

Comment

Originally posted by DaBears View Post
                    I wonder if I'm the only one who suspects that NIL related alumni structures will merely result in the same pool of schools getting the same pool of recruits for more money. I seriously doubt that in the next 5 to 10 years we're gonna see any new names in top 10 (15, or whatever) recruiting classes.

I suspect those schools that aren't in that upper echelon of recruiting will only have to compete with their lower echelon peers for "second tier" recruits and, perhaps, maintain a war chest for the occasional "overlooked" recruit that emerges at the college level.

In other words, status quo recruiting wise, higher price to play the high end recruiting game and reduced public interest as outrageous deals are broadcasted. In spite of the various alumni plans, I believe only the football players and recruits will benefit from NIL on a pure short term economic basis (ie not factoring in ruined lives for too much money, too soon).

In a word, more of the same.

I think you are missing the fact that a kid could be deciding to make $400-500K going to Texas as a second tier type player or go to say Baylor as a starter. Not every kid will take the money and this isn’t just about money but it gives the schools that can play this game just another advantage competing for that kid.

A deal like Texas is putting together is for all scholarship players and walkons too so it’s not just for the super stars. If anything it probably makes the bottom half of your roster better. Think back to the county “scholarship” days at Nebraska.

Keep in mind that talking NIL money and on field success are two different things. It’s not a guarantee that the addition of a program like this equals more wins. Hell it might be setting a team up to get the wrong type kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                      I think you are missing the fact that a kid could be deciding to make $400-500K going to Texas as a second tier type player or go to say Baylor as a starter. Not every kid will take the money and this isn’t just about money but it gives the schools that can play this game just another advantage competing for that kid.

A deal like Texas is putting together is for all scholarship players and walkons too so it’s not just for the super stars. If anything it probably makes the bottom half of your roster better. Think back to the county “scholarship” days at Nebraska.

Keep in mind that talking NIL money and on field success are two different things. It’s not a guarantee that the addition of a program like this equals more wins. Hell it might be setting a team up to get the wrong type kids.
                      I hear what you're saying Heath, but, honestly, Baylor, and most other teams, don't really compete for UT (OU, A&M, LSU, BAMA, etc.) recruits others than MAYBE the lower end class fillers for the upper echelon schools. If the recruit is valued by UT, etc., second or lower tier schools were never in the picture to begin with.

I am (seriously) interested in your thoughts. Do you think that the current top tier recruiting schools will change significantly?

I can see the potential for gradual, incremental changes. For example, let's say School X in a conference other than SEC and B10 emerges in their conference and appears in a few playoff games only to be trounced. I can see where School X's wealthy alumni want more and decide to pay more. But, honestly, otherwise the players are pretty much going to remain the same.

Comment

I don’t think the teams that traditionally recruit well will see any change. Depending on how the NIL develops in the future you may see some advantages for some schools. In the end, it’s not 100% about the money and the ultimate way to have recruiting success is to win. I think it’s to early in the NIL days to know it’s true impact.

Comment

2021 College Football - Championship Week

Cajun Brian Kelly is being clowned by most after that video surfaced. He’d be better off simply being himself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Last edited by Brock Middlebrook; 12-03-2021, 06:57 AM.

Comment

Bayou Brian.

Comment

Here's the UT coach doing some scouting at the shiner game last night.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X