No announcement yet.

Winter weather is coming, get ready

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not that old, but I have noticed what seems to be a shift in the cold weather during the fall, spring, and winter.

In my youth it seems as if we would have some good cold spells and freezes in the fall/early to mid November time frame. Then it would just sorta stay consistent thru the winter and had a normal warmup in March.

Now days (not specifically this year as it seems to be worse), fall/early winter seems to be mild with a couple cool spells. Then the real old doesn’t set in until February/March time frame. All this with cold air lasting further into the beginning of Spring. Almost like the cold periods has shifter to a later timeframe for the season.

Just my observation.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
      I am not that old, but I have noticed what seems to be a shift in the cold weather during the fall, spring, and winter.

In my youth it seems as if we would have some good cold spells and freezes in the fall/early to mid November time frame. Then it would just sorta stay consistent thru the winter and had a normal warmup in March.

Now days (not specifically this year as it seems to be worse), fall/early winter seems to be mild with a couple cool spells. Then the real old doesn’t set in until February/March time frame. All this with cold air lasting further into the beginning of Spring. Almost like the cold periods has shifter to a later timeframe for the season.

Just my observation.
      I'm nowhere near old either, but this aligns with what I've been thinking as well.

Comment

It's perfect.

Comment

Ebs and flows with Mother Nature

Comment

Originally posted by 41Chevy View Post
            I could bring some of mine down when I come down for the Javelina Hunt in March. Only -12 this week.

You can leave that stuff up there where it belongs. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
              It will probably get really cold for a week or maybe two straight before it gets hot in July/August!
              Thats a pretty bold claim....you have any forecast prediction links to back that up?

Comment

Lol

Comment

Keep living folks, it will get chilly soon enough........as it always does!

Comment

91Cavgt

Can we please get an update? Trying to plan my garden planting.

Comment

Supposed to be 29 this weekend out at my ranch. Glad I started working on the well house a couple weeks ago to get it insulated.

Comment

Next prediction. After the cold is the hot. Leaving it vague so I can be right.

Comment

Its gonna be 24 at the lease Sun morning.....just in time to drive home in the cold at the end of the season....Woooohoo!..

Been brutal weather this year.....brutal sweating..

Comment

^^
                            Us portly folks tend to puspire more than do our more slender bretheren.

Comment

We haven't had much winter here in Iowa this year.... yet. No snow at all....yet

It's been in the teens a several nights, but it was in the 60s Christmas day. It's coming though the low this Saturday is supposed to be 1.[emoji54]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Maybe the whole global warming thing is real?

Comment

Working...
                                X