No announcement yet.

Winter weather is coming, get ready

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where and when's this cold front everyone is talking about? It's been a record warm winter imo!

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
      Dude, stop. Enough already.
      I think at this point its just for an "I told you guys so" moment. He'll get it eventually.

Comment

I’m thinking of taking my fire wood back to see if I can get a refund.

Comment

Originally posted by txtimetravler View Post
          ….And eventually it gets hot
          Exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by 91cavgt View Post
            I’m glad people are taking winter preps seriously!!! Now if the winter weather would just get here!!!!

Yes, the original predictions were both a huge bust. The people that I’ve been using that have historically been right, were wrong. When and if that winter weather dam breaks up north, it’s gonna get cold really quick.
            This is beyond comical. I think its time to start a new interest.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
              I think at this point its just for an "I told you guys so" moment. He'll get it eventually.
              He is cutting and pasting off of storm2k from a couple of model mongers on there and using only their criteria for this outlook. Ignoring all other trends and outlooks as well as ignoring busted models for the past several months. It's like saying everyone in Houston needs to prepare for a cat 4 this summer and its coming. Come on man. This is getting absurd.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                Man, I don't think any meteorologist or "weather expert" have been "historically right", when you're talking long range forecasting. If you say it long enough and frequent enough, Yes, you'll eventually be "right". The way you've proclaimed this event, you're coming off like we're having a repeat of February, 2021. Yes, it is possible, but you're "weather experts" have been worse than wrong, they've predicted the complete opposite of what the actual weather has been. Now, when we do finally get a good cool spell, are you going to say, "I told you so"?

No, I won’t say I told you so. Matter of fact I even just stated that the predictions were a bust. If you are still upset then that’s not my problem.

I’ve been following that site for a few years now. Yes, there are some people on their that are chicken littles. I don’t pay any attention to them. The ones I do pay attention to have been right, consistently, for a long time. Are experts right 100% of the time? Nope. I even stated multiple times in this thread that these were predictions and the primary reason for this thread was to try to help others to be prepared.

Comment

He is cutting and pasting off of storm2k from a couple of model mongers on there and using only their criteria for this outlook. Ignoring all other trends and outlooks as well as ignoring busted models for the past several months. It's like saying everyone in Houston needs to prepare for a cat 4 this summer and its coming. Come on man. This is getting absurd.

So your saying that only a few people on Storm2k were predicting a big cold snap and no other respected meteorologists were?

Dude, at least get it right. MANY professional meteorologists were predicting this, not just a couple of model hugger amateurs. Did the people get it wrong that I have been following? Yes. Are you well respected here when it comes to the weather? Yes. But I don’t put words in other peoples mouths. I admitted the predictions were wrong and have repeatedly said that the primary reason for this thread was to help others be prepared. Part of being prepared is being ready for what could happen. Besides death and taxes, nothing in life is guaranteed.

But, if it makes you feel like a bigger man then go ahead and flame on.

Comment

It will probably get really cold for a week or maybe two straight before it gets hot in July/August!

Comment

I'm ready for a cold front

Comment

I'm sure read for some colder weather. NOT last February cold though. When that thing hit I was in a blind near Leakey and even while holding my Buddy heater in my lap I was still cold lol.

That and not having any power other than generator power for 4 days sucked really bad.

Comment

A high of 82 degrees on Christmas day!!! Yea....

Comment

Originally posted by 91cavgt View Post
                            So your saying that only a few people on Storm2k were predicting a big cold snap and no other respected meteorologists were?

Dude, at least get it right. MANY professional meteorologists were predicting this, not just a couple of model hugger amateurs. Did the people get it wrong that I have been following? Yes. Are you well respected here when it comes to the weather? Yes. But I don’t put words in other peoples mouths. I admitted the predictions were wrong and have repeatedly said that the primary reason for this thread was to help others be prepared. Part of being prepared is being ready for what could happen. Besides death and taxes, nothing in life is guaranteed.

But, if it makes you feel like a bigger man then go ahead and flame on.
                            We are all going to flame on starting this weekend. You will find out the heavy drinkers on there who live in fantasyland with the 384 hr models as they go jumping off cliffs with each one. There is no pattern change in the short term or foreseeable future. Winter may be over before it even starts. I'm not a bigger man except in my weight and nuts and bolts. If and when there seems to be a pattern change on the horizon and the mets concur on what might happen then yes by all means sound the alarm. Until that happens all you are doing is becoming little boy blue blowing his horn and making people believe you are full of s & p

Comment

We are all going to flame on starting this weekend. You will find out the heavy drinkers on there who live in fantasyland with the 384 hr models as they go jumping off cliffs with each one. There is no pattern change in the short term or foreseeable future. Winter may be over before it even starts. I'm not a bigger man except in my weight and nuts and bolts. If and when there seems to be a pattern change on the horizon and the mets concur on what might happen then yes by all means sound the alarm. Until that happens all you are doing is becoming little boy blue blowing his horn and making people believe you are full of s & p
                              Well, that escalated quickly.

Comment

I could bring some of mine down when I come down for the Javelina Hunt in March. Only -12 this week.

Comment

Working...
                                X