No announcement yet.

2015 F250 6.7 King Ranch-Would You?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No. Not because it isn't a great deal on todays date, but because there is bound to be some serious lack of driving issues. For ease of math, lets say it has 40k on it. That means in 7 years, they averaged less than 6k miles a year. That isn't enough miles for the HIGHLY temperamental DPF in that truck, which if driving that few miles, is bound to need replacement soon. Maybe it already has, in which case I would change my mind and say it's worth another look.

Then you potentially have dry rot in various seals, especially axle seals. And its been my experience owners that don't drive their vehicles don't follow maintenance procedures "because the owners manual says I can go ***x miles". Oil has an expiration date, as does every other fluid in the vehicle. A prime example, I rarely use my window wash fluid. Well when I went to use it last summer, I found the fluid had evaporated, leaving basically a gum in the tank. I had to pull it and clean everything out. Another issue, if the owner didn't keep the batteries on a trickle charger, the electrics are bound to have some issues. It's just the nature of the beast.

FWIW, I have a 2012 F250, 6.7 with 180k on the clock. I love the truck, and rarely tell people not to buy similar trucks if they are at a reasonable price. But you will need to do some serious tire kicking on that truck to make sure there are no issues due to lack of use.

Just some things to consider. Let us know what route you go!

Comment

Truck prices are continuing to climb every year, just like everything else in the market, houses, boats, land, etc. Sad but true.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
        No. Not because it isn't a great deal on todays date, but because there is bound to be some serious lack of driving issues. For ease of math, lets say it has 40k on it. That means in 7 years, they averaged less than 6k miles a year. That isn't enough miles for the HIGHLY temperamental DPF in that truck, which if driving that few miles, is bound to need replacement soon. Maybe it already has, in which case I would change my mind and say it's worth another look.

Then you potentially have dry rot in various seals, especially axle seals. And its been my experience owners that don't drive their vehicles don't follow maintenance procedures "because the owners manual says I can go ***x miles". Oil has an expiration date, as does every other fluid in the vehicle. A prime example, I rarely use my window wash fluid. Well when I went to use it last summer, I found the fluid had evaporated, leaving basically a gum in the tank. I had to pull it and clean everything out. Another issue, if the owner didn't keep the batteries on a trickle charger, the electrics are bound to have some issues. It's just the nature of the beast.

FWIW, I have a 2012 F250, 6.7 with 180k on the clock. I love the truck, and rarely tell people not to buy similar trucks if they are at a reasonable price. But you will need to do some serious tire kicking on that truck to make sure there are no issues due to lack of use.

Just some things to consider. Let us know what route you go!

Decided to pass in that one and looking at an 2017 XLT with around 45k on it. It’s a little more expensive but newer. Should I go with the 17, I plan on doing the EGR/DPF delete relatively quick.

If I don’t go with that, I’m going to order a 22 F350 SRW Lariat with the 7.3L gas engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by piercebronkite View Post
          Truck prices are continuing to climb every year, just like everything else in the market, houses, boats, land, etc. Sad but true.

My wife and I are both realtors so, I get the market it. Just tired of it.

Comment

So I ended up passing on the truck and ordered a 2022 F250 Lariat with the 7.3 gas. Came out to just under $65K with X plan pricing. However, I am still having a hard time swallowing paying that much for a truck. So, I keep looking for a used truck just in case.

I found a really clean 2016 F250 Lariat with the 6.7 diesel with 73K miles, stealership is asking right around $50K for the truck.

Trying to decide if it would be better to buy the used and have a lower payment or going new and having a much higher payment. I'll be trading in a car and should get around $16K for it so I am not financing the entire amount.

Again asking, what would you rather have an 5-6 year old diesel or brand new gasser?

With the 2016 F250 any issues that I really need to worry about? Will most likely delete the truck around 100K if I do buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by mww982 View Post
              So I ended up passing on the truck and ordered a 2022 F250 Lariat with the 7.3 gas. Came out to just under $65K with X plan pricing. However, I am still having a hard time swallowing paying that much for a truck. So, I keep looking for a used truck just in case.

I found a really clean 2016 F250 Lariat with the 6.7 diesel with 73K miles, stealership is asking right around $50K for the truck.

Trying to decide if it would be better to buy the used and have a lower payment or going new and having a much higher payment. I'll be trading in a car and should get around $16K for it so I am not financing the entire amount.

Again asking, what would you rather have an 5-6 year old diesel or brand new gasser?

With the 2016 F250 any issues that I really need to worry about? Will most likely delete the truck around 100K if I do buy it.
              I also ordered a 2022 F250 so my Ram will be for sale in a couple of months if you're still looking/waiting.

It's hard to give solid advice because there are a lot of things we don't know. #1 how is your credit? You keep talking about the car note. If $100 or $200 a month makes that big of a difference you might want to downsize what you are looking at all together. A 3/4 gasser is gonna put you in the poor house having to fill that thing up at current gas prices and the tires aren't cheap to replace either. Lol

Used car financing is like 2- 3% for a bullet. I was offered 1% on my new truck and might get 0% if Ford is doing a special around the time it comes in.

FWIW, I think a new truck at 65- 70k that's a diesel is worth it. Not gonna get any cheaper anytime soon and if they do it'll be because of a recession and we'll all be too **** busy trying to keep our houses and existing slips to afford whatever price they drop them down to.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BlackoutRam2500 View Post
                I also ordered a 2022 F250 so my Ram will be for sale in a couple of months if you're still looking/waiting.

It's hard to give solid advice because there are a lot of things we don't know. #1 how is your credit? You keep talking about the car note. If $100 or $200 a month makes that big of a difference you might want to downsize what you are looking at all together. A 3/4 gasser is gonna put you in the poor house having to fill that thing up at current gas prices and the tires aren't cheap to replace either. Lol

Used car financing is like 2- 3% for a bullet. I was offered 1% on my new truck and might get 0% if Ford is doing a special around the time it comes in.

FWIW, I think a new truck at 65- 70k that's a diesel is worth it. Not gonna get any cheaper anytime soon and if they do it'll be because of a recession and we'll all be too **** busy trying to keep our houses and existing slips to afford whatever price they drop them down to.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

I have excellent credit, just frugal and hate that used car prices are so high. I had a Tundra that was lifted so I got like 13 miles to the gallon with that, not worried about gas and tires.

The new one is gas and don’t want to mess with the diesels anymore. Wish Ford would do 0% on the Super Duties but I’ve only ever seen it on F150’s.

Comment

Buy it , get it Deleted ... no problems , You got a king ranch for 50k - Go Buy It !!

Comment

Originally posted by mww982 View Post
                    I have excellent credit, just frugal and hate that used car prices are so high. I had a Tundra that was lifted so I got like 13 miles to the gallon with that, not worried about gas and tires.

The new one is gas and don’t want to mess with the diesels anymore. Wish Ford would do 0% on the Super Duties but I’ve only ever seen it on F150’s.

If they are giving you 0%, they are making their money back somewhere else.

Also, if it were me and I was taking out a loan, I would finance at whatever rate and get the best price possible, then roll the loan into my mortgage at a ridiculously low rate.

Comment

I have a 16 250 King Ranch CCLB with 130k miles on it, completely stock. I got it with around 90k last year and it has been a solid truck thus far. It is going into regen a little bit more frequently, but nothing to worry about with the DPF yet. 15-16 were both good years for the 6.7!

Comment

Working...
                      X