Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Any Starlink Users getting service yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My neighbor in Burleson county ordered a couple of months ago and got his in two weeks so I thought I'd get it too but i got the " "Starlink is currently at capacity in your area, so your order may not be fulfilled until 2023 or later " message. Doesn't sound too promising.

Comment

Finally got my cable and now we are back in service

Comment

I ordered it last week and it showed up yesterday. Must not be many folks using it out in Young County

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
          I ordered it last week and it showed up yesterday. Must not be many folks using it out in Young County
          Wow. We've been waiting 8 months

Comment

I’m in Jack County and have been waiting over a year while people are getting right up the road from me, can’t even call them and complain about it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've been checking Starlink availability since we bought our property in December 2019. It finally showed available when I checked in April. I ordered the equipment/service on 4/26, it shipped 4/27 and I received it on Saturday, 4/30, although I was out of town. I finally set it up (in a temporary test location on my roof) on 5/5, and according to the SL App's Speed Test, I was 546Mbps down and 280 upload for iphone/router! Speedtest was more modest 75-95 down and about 4Mbps up.

I've had some issues with interruptions, mainly because my house is mostly surrounded by trees. I've adjusted the positioning on the roof and I think I've finally found a suitable location for the "dish." Since yesterday, the app only shows a single outage of 16 seconds. I've done random speed tests (via Ookla on my computer) and it's ranged from 32Mbps - 198Mbps down, and 0.8-6.2Mbps up. Strangely, the lowest upload speed occurred at the highest download test, and the highest upload occurred at the lowest download.

I do frequently get a "Starlink Motors Stuck" warning that I can't figure out, although it doesn't seem to be affecting performance. I've made sure the post is vertical, there are no objects to obstruct it, and I've made sure my cable is loose enough to allow for movement/rotation.

I mounted my "dish" using 4 round base magnets screwed onto the included legs of the mounting bracket. This makes it easy to attach to my metal roof and adjust positioning to find the best location. I think the four magnets will hold position even in high winds. I'll probably attach some sort of safety lanyard, just in case.

I'll continue to monitor and update.
              My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                I've been checking Starlink availability since we bought our property in December 2019. It finally showed available when I checked in April. I ordered the equipment/service on 4/26, it shipped 4/27 and I received it on Saturday, 4/30, although I was out of town. I finally set it up (in a temporary test location on my roof) on 5/5, and according to the SL App's Speed Test, I was 546Mbps down and 280 upload for iphone/router! Speedtest was more modest 75-95 down and about 4Mbps up.

I've had some issues with interruptions, mainly because my house is mostly surrounded by trees. I've adjusted the positioning on the roof and I think I've finally found a suitable location for the "dish." Since yesterday, the app only shows a single outage of 16 seconds. I've done random speed tests (via Ookla on my computer) and it's ranged from 32Mbps - 198Mbps down, and 0.8-6.2Mbps up. Strangely, the lowest upload speed occurred at the highest download test, and the highest upload occurred at the lowest download.

I do frequently get a "Starlink Motors Stuck" warning that I can't figure out, although it doesn't seem to be affecting performance. I've made sure the post is vertical, there are no objects to obstruct it, and I've made sure my cable is loose enough to allow for movement/rotation.

I mounted my "dish" using 4 round base magnets screwed onto the included legs of the mounting bracket. This makes it easy to attach to my metal roof and adjust positioning to find the best location. I think the four magnets will hold position even in high winds. I'll probably attach some sort of safety lanyard, just in case.

I'll continue to monitor and update.
                I could kick myself for not thinking of this!

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                  Wow. We've been waiting 8 months
                  And the wait continues. We just got Windstream DSL in centerville so I can work and get calls there. It's a step up from dial-up...but I can get wifi calling now.

Comment

And the wait continues. We just got Windstream DSL in centerville so I can work and get calls there. It's a step up from dial-up...but I can get wifi calling now.
                    they just released the "starlink rv" (same equipment) no wait. can start and pause it anytime but its 135/m vs 110. they even tell people if you dont want to wait then order the rv service and immediate ship.

Comment

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
                      they just released the "starlink rv" (same equipment) no wait. can start and pause it anytime but its 135/m vs 110. they even tell people if you dont want to wait then order the rv service and immediate ship.
                      Yeah I saw that email. I think we're just going to wait it out. I guess in this rural area people were desperate for internet so there's a longer wait than in other areas

Comment

Yeah I saw that email. I think we're just going to wait it out. I guess in this rural area people were desperate for internet so there's a longer wait than in other areas
                        i wonder if you get it can you switch it to regular service plan when available. im thinking you can.

Comment

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
                          Funny thing is when I try to order it says:

Not available in your area. WTH!

And I'm five miles away from an area where you can get your Equipment in a couple of days.
                          Last edited by M16; 05-26-2022, 05:21 PM.

Comment

I got the email about the RV option but I think we are just going to wait it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by RJK70 View Post
                              I got the email about the RV option but I think we are just going to wait it out.
                              From all the research I've done I'm thinking of doing the same. Except my new house is going to be finished in the next month or so and I was counting on starlink for my internet service.

Comment

Originally posted by RJK70 View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I saw the email as well, but read it as if the regular starlink wasn’t available in your areas then the RV wouldn’t work either. I got that by checking the map they linked in the email. If your area was dark blue then neither would work. Maybe I’m wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X