Any Starlink Users getting service yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
    I got tired of waiting here in East Texas and ordered the RV version. It came in yesterday and took all of 15 minutes to install up on the house. I'm not getting speeds like some of you are reporting but I don't have any complaints at this point. It runs everything in my house without a glitch so far.

Have you tried any streaming services with it?

Comment

Originally posted by bullhead44 View Post
      Have you tried any streaming services with it?
      We ran HULU Live with it last night on 2 TVs and it never buffered.

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
        We ran HULU Live with it last night on 2 TVs and it never buffered.
        I'm thinking about ordering RV as well. WE have DISH and will likely cancel. Wondering what streaming service to get.

Comment

We used it @ the deer lease in the hill country this year with good results - streamed everything & cancelled Dish. Would definitely recommend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So when streaming how do you get XM music stations etc? A lot of what we listen to via Dish in the Motorhome is Sirius music.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
              Ours wud mid 2022 for Centerville area. Been on that for several months
              We're near Old Bowling east of Marquez. I signed up early March. No word yet.

Comment

Forgive my laziness for not reading the entire thread but does the RV model work well enough for streaming/teams calls at the house ?

Seems like that’s the better option for road trips if it does??

Thanks for the help!

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  Forgive my laziness for not reading the entire thread but does the RV model work well enough for streaming/teams calls at the house ?

Seems like that’s the better option for road trips if it does??

Thanks for the help!

The RV version is de-prioritized service so it will be plenty fast all day but can bog down in the evening in some areas. I have only had one slow down issue in one location but Dish had many blockages there as well.

Comment

I’ve been in waiting list for about a year. Got an email saying I could get “Best Effort” service until residential becomes available in any area. Anyone have this service? Worth it or keep waiting?

Comment

Originally posted by rlp View Post
                      I’ve been in waiting list for about a year. Got an email saying I could get “Best Effort” service until residential becomes available in any area. Anyone have this service? Worth it or keep waiting?

Might research but I’m betting “best effort” is the same service as the RV and it absolutely worth it

Comment

Yes, full Starlink service (located between Lake Brownwood and Coleman, TX)

Comment

Working...
                        X